Your Incredible Shrinking Paycheck

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 19,00.html

Of particular interest:
The other megatrend of our age, the rise of emerging markets, will also continue to put pressure on U.S. wages. According to Goldman Sachs, more than 70 million people in developing countries become middle-class consumers each year. That's great for us in some ways, because it means they'll have money to buy goods made by companies in the rich world. But it also means they'll have the skills necessary to do our jobs. A lot of Wall Street data crunching, for example, is now done in India, and the number of high-end strategy jobs in fields like consulting is increasing there too.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: Your Incredible Shrinking Paycheck

Post by Berserker »

Makes sense. Which is why it is so important to improve our education (and get people to finish college as well). We must be smarter and better qualified, otherwise our jobs will continue to go to the outside. There is no doubt about that in my mind.
My love for you is like a truck..