RP Ramble and Pro Bono medicine

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

RP Ramble and Pro Bono medicine

Post by MorGrendel »

I wish Fritz checked this board.

Fritz put me to task when he made an offhand comment about Ron Paul being a millionaire. I said his money probably came from being a doctor, but turns out I was wrong. It turns out Ron practices medicine at a cut-rate because he does not accept Gov't money like Medicare and Medicaid. Also, he is against medical insurance for check-ups (co-pays) as INSURANCE is supposed to be for risk management.

So wait where did all that money come from. . . Remember he kept mentioning going back to the gold standard and that all this fiat money was destroying the economy . . . right well, he invested in, get this, gold! So as the dollar tanks, guess what goes up, Yup Gold! Damn him for practicing what he preaches.

On an aside, and why I really posted this. Did you know federal regulation keeps doctors from practicing medicine pro bono? That's right, and doctor can not even provide "advice" for free. Odd, don't cha think. Turns out it is because they do not want doctors assisting in suicides or abortions in there own time (as it were). And whereas that may make some sense morally, does it make sense legally? Though it may "help" society, does it "hurt" it more by not allowing an outlet for those that can not afford treatment?

Which on an aside, if you are ever looking to donate money, Shriner's Hospitals and St. Judes are excellent places.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.