Wow

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Wow

Post by MorGrendel »

Wow, censorship works. I want to come on here and post about pirates, but I just don't have the energy. Its just something to see thread after thread with no responses. Kinda like talking to a wall.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Wow

Post by MorGrendel »

Changed my mind:

Fritz, your wrong. Come argue me.

Pirates will continue so long as it is lucridive as big boats are unarmed and bonded with K&R insurance.

Our Navy is built to fight other Navys, not 4 teenagers on a dingy.

Saving one man life, though good, cost the US tax payer 40 million dollars. NO SHIT.

There are currently over 100 other hostages awaiting K&R settlements, why are we not helping them? Is it too costly?

Did we need a destroyer, a halo drop, and SEALs to take a boat from 4 teenagers?

If they are international waters, why does it fall to us to protect them? How is this military boondoggle different from Iraq?

All of this would be easier if we issued some Letters of Marque and Reprisal. Bounty is only paid upon collection, and the pirates don't know who is prey and who is privateer.

And before you laugh about the Letters of Marque, check your history, we were still issuing them during WWII.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.