Anarchists at G20

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Anarchists at G20

Post by Berserker »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090925/ap_ ... t_protests

I hate anarchists!! Throwing rocks at cops, their cars, damaging busineses makes this a riot, not a protest and I commend the cops for their swift action.

I love how the anarchists were saying how bad the cops were, that they were arrested for no good reason:
"People were being grabbed if they just got too close to the cops. It didn't matter what they were doing, what they were saying. They were just asking what was going on, and they were being taken off the streets to God knows where"

So if you were in the front of the line facing the cop line so that you were arrested, how can you say that you were just there asking what was going on cause you surely had no clue how you happened to be in the front of the line facing the cop line? Meanwhile the guy to your right was chucking rocks at the cops and the guy to your left was rolling trash bins at them. Really? Did I mention that anarchists are the suck?
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Anarchists at G20

Post by MorGrendel »

Well it was Pittsburg. They were probably mad that the world leaders were raising steel towns reputation.

Now, I do not condone the throwing of rocks at people or the damaging of property, I do believe protesters should have the right/permission to assemble. And unfortunatly, I also know how a few bad apples can ruin an otherwise law-abiding protest. Now I put law-abiding in Italics because I believe the state makes it difficult to speak out against the state legally.
The marchers did not have a permit and, after a few blocks, police declared it an unlawful assembly.
I do not believe protesters need a permit in a country that values indiviual's rights. (and one will hope protesters will value others indiviual rights and not endanger or destroy other people and their property . . . However if a Steel Reserve Beer Truck just happen to flatten Kadafi, I could probably look the other way :) )
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.