democratic process in action

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

democratic process in action

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, All,

The democratic process does work. We put togather a grass root effort to get the transportation committe to take the preserve off thier propsal to the city concil and they have done so. One down five to go! We had so many people calling city hall that it did shut down their phone system for a while. We also had so many poeple at their meeting that thet had to change the venue. So my faith in our government system has been restore, well at least a little and on a very local level. I am still waiting on cap and trade, health care and global warming.

Sincerely

Thomas
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Re: democratic process in action

Post by Rachel »

So how did the first town meeting go?
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, Rachel.

My frist post on this was the transportation board meeting. We did get a favorable vote on the road not going threw the Preserve. last saturday we had the city consul meeting where the transportation board gives it recomendation to the city consul. They can either except or reject the boards finding. The city consul did vote in our favor, but in a very back door manner. Several of the members pontificated long and hard for the need of road improvements. But in the end had to vote to keep the roads out of the preserve because to the heat they were feeling form the citizen groups who stood up for us. V.dot however, will contiune to do their studies on taking a road threw the preserve regradless of what the city wants. V.dot will then make its recommendations to the state. The state can either except ot reject what V.dot says. After that the national highway admin will get into it and do studies and make a recomendation regardless of what the state wants. They will make a recomendation to the feds where the fed will except or reject. Then the DoD can trump them all and just say build it. It is in the interest of our national defense. So there and many layers of government we must go through

Sincerely

Thomas
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

I am glad all is well so far. Wow thats a lot of steps. All those chances for the gov. to say their going to do it anyways, I can only imagine that must be stressfull. I'd be interested to know how it goes as the process progresses. and still wish you all the best of luck!