Top story on Google:

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Top story on Google:

Post by MorGrendel »

Top story on Google:
Rand Paul wins in Kentucky! Who would have thought. I appears they are labeling him the first "Tea Party" canidate to win, which seems strange, but if they helped get him elect then, Woot!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/2010_Election ... d=10685801
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: Top story on Google:

Post by Berserker »

Here's his website with his beliefs: http://www.randpaul2010.com/

Seems like he's a lot like his dad (Ron Paul), which means he's neither a republican nor a democrat in actuality. That is good. If he stays like his dad, I would expect him to vote against republican policy as much as he votes against democract policy. He'll vote based on what he thinks is right as opposed to what the party wants. In other words, he won't be a sheep. I respect that. (Doesn't mean I agree with his policies, just that I will trust that he will do what he says he will).

I also like that he had a different career up until he decided to run for senate. That means he has at least stumbled into some of life's problems before becoming a politician.

You might yet see the Fed fully audited Jeff ;)

I don't like that he so openly accepts Sarah Palin's endorsement however(who is labeled as "National political icon and conservative leader" on his website). She is a waste of breath. I am quite leery about any politician who likes Palin and listens to her. I hope he just put her on his website to entice people to vote for him, and he does not actually support Sarah Palin. That would negatively impact his credibility to me.
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Top story on Google:

Post by MorGrendel »

Yeah, politics creates strange bedfellows. Like I said I was surprised by the GOP and Tea Party backing, especially since the GOP ran another Republican against Paul Sr. in this last election.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.