CPAC

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

CPAC

Post by MorGrendel »

On Saturday, Congressman Paul won CPAC’s presidential straw poll for the second year in a row!

Trump's take:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgB2jh6uCDU

Gun to your head Trump or Paul . . . Who will the GOP pick . . . Uhhggg!
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: CPAC

Post by Berserker »

Hehe, I half expected Trump would follow that statement with "Ron, you're fired!". hehe

It was probably not a smart thing to say if he wanted the approval of that crowd (though there were plenty in that crowd that were clapping and laughing among the ones that were booing, so it's not as bad as the commentor in the youtube made it sound), but that is Trumps opinion and it is not an unpopular opinion. Ron does stand little chance to become president.

I have respect for Ron, as he seems genuine. He seems to actually believe in what he says (although I don't necessarily agree with his beliefs). But I think he is leaning far too right to be able to gather anough votes to become president (even among the republican base).
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Yeah, actually they've been grooming Romney, I'd be suprised if it wasen't his year in 2012.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

I agree, it does seem like he will be the front runner of the current republican candidates. But it's still early, and there could be some surprises coming our way. Afterall, Obama was a surprise candidate last election. No one would have expected him to win when it all started.
My love for you is like a truck..