Govt shutdown..

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Govt shutdown..

Post by Berserker »

Interesting article. It basically claims that the reason why the parties won't be able to come to an agreement is not money compromise, but controversial social policy being put into the budget bills (such as abortion, climate change etc), which in my oppinion have no room in a short term budget talk... But such is congress..

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51528.html
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Re: Govt shutdown..

Post by Fritz »

So half a paycheck for Jason and I on the 15th (and then no paychecks after that), but Congress still gets paid!
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... still-will
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Yup! I feel your pain! And I'm non-essential worker as well, so I get to stay home and enjoy the green grass and the birds.

Did someone say apply for unemployement benefits on monday morning? ;)
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

If the gov't closes, the national parks will lose 32 million per day in revenue. And there's so much more to the gov't then national parks. How much lost revenue will we throw out the window? Such a stupid thing to do, to close the gov't.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/07/ ... tml?hpt=C1#

Oh, I found this funny. So if the gov't closes, they won't be able to pick up trash in Washington DC. So these residents from DC made a facebook page where they said that if their trash is not going to be picked up, they will ship it to Boehner.

"One participant, Kafi N. Bennett, posted that she would “be nice and separate the recyclables.” <-- hahahaha

http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/08/group ... -shutdown/
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

14 hours and counting.

With what is going on with Libya, Egypt, and others, the Gov't may come to be very wary of social networks. Makes me almost want to start a Facebook.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

True nuff. It amazes me the number of people who post their vacations. I do not remember the stat, but 90+% of thefts are by people who know you. Theft is not a random event.

I also bet that the CIA does have a FaceBook division, and that they are essential.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Fritz, new LES are already out if you want to see how little your going to get. Looks like it is going to come out on 11th too, instead of the 15th.

Not sure who you bank with but if it is Navy Federal, they are going to cover your pay until to get back pay. IE, you get your full check, the half your missing provided by them.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Looks Congress got their act together. Hooray for pay!
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

Are you sure that WAS the onion and not cnn, that all seemed to good not to be true.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!