Perry grabs Paul

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Perry grabs Paul

Post by MorGrendel »

Appearently, after Perry and Paul went back and forth, during the commercial Perry came over and grabbed Paul's arm and put his finger in his face. If he'd done it on camera I'd be OK with it, heck, I'd call it passion. But since he waited until the camera's were off, I'd just call it cowardly bullying.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/ron-pa ... ry-debate/
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Re: Perry grabs Paul

Post by Fritz »

Honestly doesn't surprise me in the least. His office is currently roadblocking an investigation into the innocence of a man executed in Texas. It seems quite likely the man was convinced based off of piss poor arson investigation techniques. Perry's office refused to stay the execution when it was starting to come out and he relieved the individual in charge of the investigation after the fact.

There are some decent candidates in the Republican field. I won't vote for them, but they would have my respect. Perry isn't one of them.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Yeah, that guy is as close to corrupt as legally possible. Too bad that poor ethics don't come with a swift kick in the butt..

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63221.html

As a comparison, feds are only allowed to receive 20$ in gifts at one time, and a total of 50$ in a year from the same person (the rules)

Now this guy flies for free, sits in luxury hotels, gets free tickets to games, free meals; heck, even his TV bill is paid by the texas taxpayers!

And this guy wants to be president? And he's trying to represent the republican party? I think the party should be worried that people will actually start to associate him with Republicans.
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Blah, Blah, Blah . . . This probably does not help their relationship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtDBp1Or ... r_embedded
Mor Grendel

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

For now I think they will stay enemies, but I wouldn't be surprised if they become cordial again once this election stuff is over. That's politics =)
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Doubtful, I believe Perry was in charge of the Texas redistricing, and chopped up Pauls distric. Paul's fans find that to be a real backstab.
Mor Grendel

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Oh, I didn't know about the redistricting. Yeah, that would be a good reason for them not to go along. Perhaps that's why Ron Paul announced that he will not to run again (in a new district it seems) and only focus on the presidency. That would make sense.