Anwar Al-Awlaki

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Anwar Al-Awlaki

Post by Berserker »

Another one bites the dust! Go Obama!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64790.html
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Re: Anwar Al-Awlaki

Post by Fritz »

Go Go Gadget CIA!
Last edited by Fritz on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

True, but it's only fair to give the president credit. He gets the blame for anything bad that happens.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Fritz wrote:Go Go CIA!
For a second I thought you said "Go Go gadget CIA!"
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Edited for awesome
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

*shakes head* Ron Paul wants to impeach Obama.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65035.html
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Asked at a Manchester, N.H. town hall meeting about last week’s killing of the American-born Al Qaeda leader, the Texas congressman said impeachment would be “possible, but that he wants to know more about how the administration “flouted the law.”
Per your article, to say he "wants" is a bit strong. We don't have the question or the response, so . . . mayhaps you are being a bit strong with your statement.

Libertarians believe killing people is bad. Particularly when done in a clandestine way. It eats away at our moral legitamacy, making us no better than other tyrannical leaders/counties.

That said, if we worked with the Yemenise Govt (as Obama says), and had their blessing (hopefully not under duress), I diverge from RP a bit and do not believe we need an act of war to handle this situation. Is it policing the world? Yeah. But, I feel hurting Americans interfers with their right to be free and happy, and so we need the latitude to declare war on individuals.

Additionally, when asked if he ordered the strike, Obama responded "I cannot talk about the operational details." To me, leaders should speak in absolutes. You want your face tied to the killing of Al-Awaki, then you also need to say you had a part. I think Obama's got a leg to stand on here, and should welcome anyone to criticize him, because he'll win.

I found the article somewhat confusing.
But Paul’s stuck with the civil libertarians who’ve criticized the targeted killing of an American citizen without public due process.
I do not know if they mean to imply Al-Awlaki was a US Citizen, but again, what a sticky wicket these thing create if/when the US Govt kills US Citizens. Personally, I vote we strip him of his Citizenship, charge him with treason, then kill him again.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.