Voter suppresion

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Voter suppresion

Post by MorGrendel »

As a side, please don't turns arguments into patriotism. Nothing makes me oppose something said more than when someone tries to make it about patriotism.

My apologies if I offended. This article seems very anti-republican, and that is unfair. There was a backhanded apology in there, in that they pointed out that it was a NH Rep. They probably could have found any old Rep, but using Bigfoot or Unicorn is more humorous to those in the media. These rules are equally unfair to both parties, and it benefits both parties.

All that said, I think its our soldiers, who really get shortchange and disenfrancised. I often wish they had a louder avocate. I guess I don't see why students should be afforded an advantage our soldier don't have. However, I left topic, and for that I apologize.
I'm not sure this affects much besides who will be chosen to run against the president. I thought the actual presidential vote all happens in the same day (within hours to account for time differences).
Correct, the only time this matter is for the vote for President. (i.e. Commander and Chief of our soldiers, shit, I digress again, sorry.)
I don't know much about this so I would love to hear your thoughts on the strenghs and weakeness of indirect-election-federalism. Perhaps we should take this offline as it will be a good conversation. =)
I can debate both sides actually. Both sides have valid points. That said, I can see room for improvement.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Voter suppresion

Post by MorGrendel »

I knew the following, but I'm surprised to finally hear it from Fox News. Sure its their Democrat expert, but all the same.

Turnout: The higher the turnout the more like it is that Ron Paul wins the state. Ron Paul pulls in college students as well as Democratic and Independent and voters who do not typically vote in GOP caucuses. If they show up, turnout will be unusually high and the surprise could be the GOP suddenly having to deal with a libertarian uprising in their party.

Joe Trippi is a Fox News contributor and political strategist who worked for Ted Kennedy, Walter Mondale and Gary Hart and turned Howard Dean into an unlikely front runner in 2004.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/01/ ... z1iPqH1p78

BTW: Wish Ron luck! :)
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.