Chevy Volt - Politically Charged

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Chevy Volt - Politically Charged

Post by Berserker »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/75449.html

So because Obama bailed out GM and GM is now doing good, must one attack the cars the GM is making? Isn't this anti-business? Or are they affraid that if this car is a success, it will cut away from the oil profits?

-----------------------
A few quotes:

Neil Cavuto recently called it a “Fred Flintstone car” and the “dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.”

“I’m a free-enterprise guy,” Issa said. “And the Volt insults a lot of us with its being a demo project funded by edict.”

Newt Gingrich even inserted a line into his campaign stump speech on high gasoline prices, saying you “can’t fit a gun rack in a Volt.” That prompted responses from Volt owners and fact checkers debunking the former House speaker by showing that one or more gun racks do fit in the car.

“The electric car is not about saving the planet,” Limbaugh said last week. “The electric car is not about cleaner energy. The electric car is not about cleaner air. The electric car is about taking away choices from the American people about what they want to drive. The electric car is about bigger government. They are the ones making this political. And thus they have to be responded to in a political way.”
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Chevy Volt - Politically Charged

Post by MorGrendel »

They have a point, albeit a weak one. Should the Government subsidize technology? It can lead to boondoogles, malfinace, and Solyndra, but it also leads to turbines, cell phones and the Internet.

I never understand the government-control, anti-choice argument, especially from people against birth control.

If I was Chevy, I'd run ads stating that home energy equates to about $1 a gallon, so you'll be save $3 dollars a gallon. Get Driving!

Also, there is a point about the hazards of battery cars. Fire fighters are not equipped to deal with battery fires, and pouring water on them is a bad, bad idea as it spreads harmful contaminates. Now I don't know that anyone ever said it was safe, but general knowledge tells you battery fires are bad. However, since Obama is not running around starting battery fires (heck, they won't even let him drive a volt), its hard to blame him for it.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.