Hospitals gauging

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Hospitals gauging

Post by Berserker »

If this article doesn't make you mad, I don't know what will..

http://healthland.time.com/2013/02/20/b ... -us/print/
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Hospitals gauging

Post by MorGrendel »

Thank you for posting this, I've been trying to find a copy of this.

Maybe this will cause an upswell for reform.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Re: Hospitals gauging

Post by hypo »

This has been this way for years the only problem now is the insurance companies are passing initial cost for this to us. For the most part if you had a regular HMO (old style) you paid you copay and ignored the EOB (explanation of benefits). Now that we are paying it we are reading every line. This is a fight between health Insurance companies, doctors, Malpractice Insurance companies, & Hospitals all wanting to make money not caring the cost to the consumer. Everyone wants a raise and past the cost down the line and we are the ones paying it. And we have let it get to this point because it was out of sight out of mind and now that it is right in front of our faces it is ridiculous and out of control.

Every family is one health issue away from financial ruin. This is no joke! Even a family with Health Insurance is in this boat. Amanda and I are still paying for Collin's appendectomy from last year and we are in a new year with our HDHS (High Deductible Health Insurance) and if something happens we can be responsible for another $5900 to pay this year on top of the almost $4000 in premiums we pay a year. I am not saying the Affordable Care Act is the answer but something needs to be done, where we pay a fee and don't have to worry about losing our house over a health issue.
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia