Maryland Bails on Health Exchange

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Maryland Bails on Health Exchange

Post by MorGrendel »

In yet another Maryland boondoogle, the Gov't has decided to abandon the vastly expensive Maryland Health Exchange. It has been reported that it was never going to work, and if it could have worked it would have been 3 times more expensive. This of course comes out after the deadline for coverage passes, but with adequate time before the next election cycle. Now the MD Gov't will appeal to CMS for more money (40-50 mil) to buy the Conneticut program.

I'll post numbers if I can find them. Still trying to find how much was spent on advertising something that was never going to work.

http://thedailyrecord.com/2014/04/02/5- ... onnection/
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Re: Maryland Bails on Health Exchange

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day Jeff.

I also heard that 73,000 people lost their health coverage in md and only 60,000 signed up for health coverage in md.

Sincerely

Thomas
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: Maryland Bails on Health Exchange

Post by Berserker »

Can't say I'm surprised that O'Malley messed it up. He hasn't really done anything good for the state yet..

Goes to show that the Feds do it better ;)
My love for you is like a truck..