AT&T buys Direct TV

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

AT&T buys Direct TV

Post by MorGrendel »

AT&T buys Direct TV

Anybody bothered by this? Comcast will complete its deal to purchase Time-Warner before the month is out. Getting down to two Gate Keepers. Not good for competition, price, or sources of information.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Re: AT&T buys Direct TV

Post by hypo »

Not worried about it. There is still Cox, AT&T Uverse, DISH, Verizon, & about a dozen other cable providers. What I am concerned about is that the cable providers keep trying to go after consumers for cutting the cord and going digital. They have gone after Netflix and Hulu, but have failed to find fault with Networks for offering streaming services for programing after the show airs. Just recently they tried get permission to limit or charge its consumers for bandwidth usage to recoup its loses, but I believe it was shot down as well. It will be very interesting in the next 5-10 years when contracts with networks and premium channels (HBO, showtime, etc.) contract are back up for negotiations.
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia