Spending on ads

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Spending on ads

Post by MorGrendel »

I saw this and found it surprising. If money buys elections, well I guess this says something...
Money in Advertising.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: Spending on ads

Post by Berserker »

This doesn't really mean anything since every news channel and every show, all they talk about is Trump. The amount of free advertising he's getting is staggering. If anything, it shows just how much the Clinton camp has to spend to keep up.

But I agree, money rules in politics. They are all bought by someone..
My love for you is like a truck..
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

Trump has learned. There's no such thing as bad publicity. Why spend money when you can say something stupid and everyone will talk about it. There not running for office anymore. It's a popularity contest. And trump is a Kardashian.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

True on all counts for sure, but it's the math of it I think is interesting.

Pro-Clinton has outspent by Pro-Trump by 10 fold, but only has a 14 point lead against Trump. Also interesting is that in most polls she only has a 7 point lead against a third party candidate. I guess I wonder how little you can spend and still win the presidency.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, all.

Maybe if she gave a press meeting she would get some coverage 265 days and counting oh and jimme kimle doesn't count.

sincerely

Thomas
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Thomas Fitzcharles wrote:Good Day, all.

Maybe if she gave a press meeting she would get some coverage 265 days and counting oh and jimme kimle doesn't count.

sincerely

Thomas
Not sure I can blame her at this point. She's an eminently unlikable candidate. She's only winning because Trump is even less likeable. Why expose yourself to potential negative attention when you can just run out the clock? Trump seems to be doing a good enough job shooting himself in the foot. She doesn't have much to gain from a press conference. It's like being up 28-0 in the 4th quarter. You're just playing prevent defense at that point and waiting for the clock to hit zero.

To be clear, I 100% agree. Give a damned press conference. I just happen to begrudgingly see the tactical sense.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, Fritz

I can't argue with the logic. The more she speaks the lower her numbers go. I would just like to see both of them have to answer a few hard hitting questions once in a while or at least questions that are not scripted for them. Not that either would answer truthfully. But watching them try to spin off the cuff might give a little more insight. Not that we don't know where she stands on most issues. He is a little harder since he has no public voting record and has been on both sides of the isle. An words mean nothing til you get into office and start governing.

Sincerely

Thomas