my brothers keeper

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: my brothers keeper

Post by MorGrendel »

I gave up Doug. I try to read stuff, I really do, then you see something like something like the tax on unemployment and think, Oh God we are so doomed.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

the fairnees doctrine already existed it was passed unde LBJ as part of his "great society" package at that time electonic media was still in its "toddler years" but it was a big hinderance on the 1st amendment, then in 1981 Regan did away with it and it allowed an explosion of different political shows TV and radio to come on to the seen.
and dont even tell me they cant bring it back with the majorities they are going to have in the house and senate.
the four horsmen of the apocalipse Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reed . so tell me when thoes 4 have the checks and balances over each other WHO? exacly is gona say nay to this? about mebe 30 -35 rep. senators? mebe a handfull of rep. congress men with not even enough power to filabuster? oh wait! the supreme court will... :? ..ehhhh , no not :? um, err? :( ok not them either. OH! i forgot about Superman, :D he will stop them. :x what do you mean hes not real? :oops: ahhh shit good bye free speech :roll:

for the first time in MY adult life im really ashamed of my country. :cry:
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

i dont care What he does with his money either but GODDAMN IT he is telling all of us "I AM MY BROTHERS KEEPER'
WHEN THIS ASS HOLES BROTHER LIVES NOT MODESTLY........$12 A YEAR, HIS AUNT IS ON FUCKING WELFARE! THE SAME GODDAMN AUNT WHO HE WROTE SO ADORINGLY ABOUT IN HIS BOOK AND YOU DONT SEE HIPOCRACY????????????????????????? SERIOUSLY?????????

What part of his family are your talking about? DID YOU READ THE FIRST POST AND THE ARTICLES! IF HE WANTS TO SPREAD SOME FUCKING WEALTH AROUND START WITH HIS OWN AND GIVE TO HIS OWN FAMILY, HE DOESNT GIVE ON FLYING FUCKING RAT TURD ABOUT THE POOR, HE IS INGAGING IN CLASS WARFARE FOR POWER!
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

Are people just waiting for something bad to happen (under Obama), so they can just bitch and complain about how it shouldnt have happened, and "Act" oblivious to the Warning signs!!! ..... Well say goodbye to bitchin, bc if Obama wins, your Freedom to talk "Wrong" of him will probably be out of our list of "freedoms" we have in the USA... Hello Dictator Obama, hello Communism!!

I already heard, he "Kicked" a news report crew off of his plane bc they "disagree" with him, imagine what he would do if he ruled this country... This man is Evil, and scares the crap outta me. I hope you all vote for McCain just to knock him out, bc this country is going to hell if Obama wins.
By the way, I dont know alot of people who actually know our Politicians, Do you??
Well I do know my Mother and Father in law, and my grandparents In laws, and they Know McCain, and even before the Campaigns began, and McCain was even running, they met him... they have always said what an honest, and nice man/politician he is.

Theresa
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I liked McCain in 2000. Would have preferred him to Bush.
Sadly the only way I can tell the two canidates apart is the ears.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

ahrimen wrote:This man is Evil, and scares the crap outta me. I hope you all vote for McCain just to knock him out, bc this country is going to hell if Obama wins.
And this is why an intelligent, civil discussion is impossible on these boards. Hyperbole does nothing but cheapen discourse. Can we please make a separate, private board for Jeff's, Dan's, and my political rantings? I probably still won't post since I'm always ganged up on, but I'd feel better if so doing couldn't become an embarrassment to the group.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

actualy it was theresa who wrote it, i personaly dont think he is evil, just a communist.
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

With the deregulation sweep of the Reagan Administration during the 1980s, the Commission dissolved the fairness doctrine.
The fairness doctrine ran parallel to Section 315 of the Communications Act of 1937 which required stations to offer "equal opportunity" to all legally qualified political candidates for any office if they had allowed any person running in that office to use the station. ... Section 315 was federal law, passed by Congress. The fairness doctrine was simply FCC policy.
By 1985, the FCC issued its Fairness Report, asserting that the doctrine was no longer having its intended effect, might actually have a "chilling effect" and might be in violation of the First Amendment. In a 1987 case, Meredith Corp. v. FCC, the courts declared that the doctrine was not mandated by Congress and the FCC did not have to continue to enforce it. The FCC dissolved the doctrine in August of that year.
The fairness doctrine remains just beneath the surface of concerns over broadcasting and cablecasting, and some members of congress continue to threaten to pass it into legislation. Currently, however, there is no required balance of controversial issues as mandated by the fairness doctrine. The public relies instead on the judgment of broadcast journalists and its own reasoning ability to sort out one-sided or distorted coverage of an issue. Indeed, experience over the past several years since the demise of the doctrine shows that broadcasters can and do provide substantial coverage of controversial issues of public importance in their communities, including contrasting viewpoints, through news, public affairs, public service, interactive and special programming.
source = http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/F/htm ... ssdoct.htm
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

F!#@ McCain and Obama! I don't want either of their stuff. They are both evil back stabing f!#@s. Vote Third party and get rid of them both!

There I can rant too! :twisted:
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

fritz, we dont gang up on you last time it was a 3 way bout, if any i felt ganged up on as kender jumped in on your side and all i got was a "way to go dan" from joe. jeff is definatly not on my side, hes not all together on anybody side as nobody is all together on his side. lets just call jeff treebeard. :wink:
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Dan your boss is doing better than my boss then whos company only make a little over $2,000,000 in revenue he is only netting maybe $250,000. just cuz your company makes over $250,000 doesn't mean that you're is taking home $250,000. there is cost of doing business that both parties are trying to protect. Even though I don't agree with how.

I am for:
1. Flat Tax (17-18% is fine with me)
2. Less Federal Speading/Invation
3. More power to state Gov't
4. No Socailized Healthcare (go to Canada you hippie)
5. No Tax on Healthcare (a tax credit today doesn't mean there will be one tomorrow)
6. Incentives for small business owners to start up and keep going
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

ahrimen wrote:i dont care What he does with his money either but GODDAMN IT he is telling all of us "I AM MY BROTHERS KEEPER'
WHEN THIS ASS HOLES BROTHER LIVES NOT MODESTLY........$12 A YEAR, HIS AUNT IS ON FUCKING WELFARE! THE SAME GODDAMN AUNT WHO HE WROTE SO ADORINGLY ABOUT IN HIS BOOK AND YOU DONT SEE HIPOCRACY????????????????????????? SERIOUSLY?????????

What part of his family are your talking about? DID YOU READ THE FIRST POST AND THE ARTICLES! IF HE WANTS TO SPREAD SOME FUCKING WEALTH AROUND START WITH HIS OWN AND GIVE TO HIS OWN FAMILY, HE DOESNT GIVE ON FLYING FUCKING RAT TURD ABOUT THE POOR, HE IS INGAGING IN CLASS WARFARE FOR POWER!
So you are talking about one of Obama's a stranged half brothers who has lived in Kenya for his whole life, who he doesn't know from a father who left when he was young. That is not even his family as far as I am concerned. I have never met my Half Sister CJ and if she was a stripper with one leg make 25 cent tips I wouldn't help her before I help you or Dan. You all are more my family then she. I think sometimes people are looking way to deep at this stuff.

OH and his Aunt is living in this Country Illegal and On Welfare! Forget her and the free horse she rode in on. I sure as hell hope she has been filing taxes and has paid for every dime she may owe. You should be very concerned about both parties stance or Illegal immigrents and how they are effecting what you pay in taxes so they can live here tax free (income tax that is).
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

no one makes it to the big show without lying, cheating, and stealing. you should never trust a politician, and if you do you deserve whatever you get. However i don't care for obama for one simple reason... this person supports him.

http://slackeruprising.com/
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
Belovesus
Galatian

Post by Belovesus »

first of all.... Morg, the reason your buisiness failed is that you didnt account for the highschooler's desire to get into college; not work for u his whole life :P Second, you paid the damn immigrants too much! $8!!!! you shouldve done it for 4!!!! that way it helps loosen your wallet, and pay off the fines u get when the gov't discovers it...

Second, as much as it seems shitty, having a family with say... 15 poor people, means that obama couldn't support them all. $4,000,000/16(cause 15 plus himself) = $250,000 which is not enough to become president!!! Now he may also have problems within his family, and maybe they dont want him to help! Having money in Africa means being a target.

Now i'm not saying he is RIGHT to not take care of them, but like hypo said, he may be... media is not going to say that "he is not taking care of his family even though he has trust funds"
"Ya shoot him, you'll just make him angrier..."

Pledge of Galatia
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

doug he does know his brother, his brother admits as much and so does he, you are however compleatly missing the point! i dont care what anyone does with thier money any one at all should be able to do anything at all with money they earned, but HE doesnt think that way, HE is telling us to take care of the poor, HE does not! it matters not if he ever met this dude in a hut or the illegal aunt or any other destitute member of his family, before you or i should sheel out a dime, he (and every other rich liberal) should bankrupt himself helping the poor before he ask us to. he doesnt care about the poor, and thats fine with me, but what i do care about is him telling me i got to.