None of these candidates

All that is political goes here. If the board says you don't have permission, join the Jr. Politician usergroup and then you too can share in the political discussions. Contact hypo if you have any problems accessing this fourm.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

How many votes did "None of these candidates" get?

No votes
No votes
25%
50%
25%

Total votes: 4

MorGrendel
Warlord

None of these candidates

Post by MorGrendel »

So how many votes did "None of these candidates" get in the presidential election.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: None of these candidates

Post by Berserker »

Even if it is the largest number in the list, it is still only about 1-1.5% of all the votes cast. That is very little.

Obama: 64,237,339
McCain: 56,626,131
Nader: 662,966
Barr: 491,563
Baldwin: 176,364
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Well only 1.5% of the population voted for someone other than the two major party candidates. Obama's count is 64,237,800 and McCain's count is 56,626,296 as of the time of this post (it's constantly updating). That means 98.5% of the total votes is 120,864,096, and therefore about 122,704,665votes were cast for president. That means no more than 1,840,569 could have voted for someone not on the ballot, meaning the bottom choice is incorrect right off. Considering how many third party candidates actually get on the ballot, I'm guessing only a small percentage of that do "none of these candidates." I'm gonna go with choice number three. By the way Jeff where did you get these numbers? They're probably out of date in any case.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Sure they are out of date, I think they finally called NC, but I think there may be an injunction. I just thought it was funny, not trying to stand on a soap box on this one. Probably should have used the Phillies, they got about as many votes. I will write something about the third party once work slows down a little.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Well, it doesn't look like a 3rd party was even remotely feasible this election seeing how few votes anyone but the main two received...
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

The amount of people that voted for third parties seems a little low this year. Then again I'm used to looking at percentages and not raw numbers. The votes could be the same, but the percentage lower because of the substantial increase in turn out. New voters, after all, very heavily favored Obama.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants