Equinus (Clayson)

Because we're fantastic like that..

Moderators: Berserker, MorGrendel, hypo

Titus
Galatian Citizen

Equinus (Clayson)

Post by Titus »

Equinus is not the best fighter out there, nor is his glory great, and what he brings to the field often goes unnoticed. He is often the rock in the line, the unspoken defender of others. Often would he forgo personal glory to protect his brethren.

Equinus may be taken instead of a unit champion in any unit and follows the following rules.

M_WS_BS_ S_T_W_I_ A_Ld
4----3---3---3--3--2--3--2---7

Equipment - Light Armor, Shield, Hand Weapon

Special Rules -
Defender of Others - Great is Equinus' skill with the shield. This gives him an 5+ parry save. If his unit is only five columns wide, he may forgo his attacks in a battle in order to give his unit +1 save as his shield seems to be everywhere.
In addition, if any Galatian character armed with a spear is next to him in the battle line, he may confer his 5+ parry save to them in a challenge. Also that character can attack with reckless abandon for they know Equinus has their back. They may re-roll all misses in combat, not just for challenges.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Re: Equinus (Clayson)

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good day, All.

I just notice this. Normally I pay little heed to your wee army men games. But, reading about Clayson (Equinus) deeds in your games reminded me, that he has safed my butt on the battle ground I play on many a time. when he could of gone a heroing. I thought I would just give him some props for that.

Sincerely

Thomas
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Very true.
However wouldn't reckless abandon just increase the number of your attacks, not the accuracy or likeliness of those attacks landing. Maybe the wording should be that Equinus's defensive prowess is so great that it buys the attacker the time he/she needs to be sure the blow lands successfully (hense the re-rolls).
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

I agree with this post very much. Thank you for the charcter and also the kind words.