march 7th

For all your airsoft needs..

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Bash
Galatian

march 7th

Post by Bash »

back to fredneck on march 7th who with me. this one being held buy a different group of guys. after that we should try for a indoor shoot out. the new Acqb should be open soon.
Monkey
Freshmeat

Re: march 7th

Post by Monkey »

I am down....I got my m4 working and bought a scope for it
zombie
Freshmeat

Post by zombie »

I'll be there. Hopefully with my new M14!
shawn
Freshmeat

Post by shawn »

HEY IS THERE ROOM FOR SOMEONE NEW TO GET INTO THIS GAME
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

is this Shawn, Dan's old next-door neighbor or a different Shawn? Either way all are welcome to come out and play. :D
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
zombie
Freshmeat

Post by zombie »

Just make a post asking who is willing to loan you gear for the first game. At a minimum you need a gun and a mask. BDUs would be good too for outdoor games. I'd loan you one of mine but I am currently in the process of stripping all of my guns for a good cleaning so I will only be bringing one for March 7th.

Also note that there is a $10 or $15 (can't remember which, I think 10) fee for the place on March 7th.
shawn
Freshmeat

Post by shawn »

ok well some things i may have and yes dans old neighbor time for a dumb question you guys call it airsoft so is it the same as paintball not exactly sure what it is but i saw some pics and looks like a blast
zombie
Freshmeat

Post by zombie »

Similar to paintball. But much better IMO. Same idea, except it uses BBs instead of Paint balls. That means the honor system similar to stick fighting. The thing airsoft has over paintball, at least for me, is the fact that the guns are modeled after real guns, and therefore give a more realistic spin to the game. The other benefit is that while the guns cost more than paintball upfront, you save money in the long run because the cost to play each week is considerably lower because of BB cost.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Yeah Shawn if you want to give it a try, we have plenty of extra guns. Just come out to one of the events with letting Leadar (Bash) so prior notice so we can hook you up with some gear.

Other than that, it is actually alot cheaper than paintball, you can get a decent gun for 150 and BB's are like 12 dollars for 5000 rnds. Which should last you all day, if not two depending how much you shoot. Me, half a day, unless I am using my boomstick and then I conserve ammo with that bad boy. Other than that, all you need is a paintball mask and you can get one of those for cheap if you look.

All the other gear is just cosmetic and we got it cuz we wanted to look cool.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Haha, the warlord traits are sticking already. Its 3000 bbs for $11 dollars. Exaggerate much :) Soon something of yours will catch fire to compensate. Also I think it should be spelled Lee-Dar.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

I am in for this one. As before you all are welcome to come by afterwards (as it turns out this is less than 5 miles from where I live) and hop in the hot tub. Preferabley bring swim trunks and a towl. Do try to let me know if you may come by as I may aim to prepare some kinda dinner.
Belovesus
Galatian

Post by Belovesus »

Room for one more guys??? :D :D :D

I will need a gun also though... and let me know if i need to buy bb's
"Ya shoot him, you'll just make him angrier..."

Pledge of Galatia
zombie
Freshmeat

Post by zombie »

FYI guys, I'm out for this weekend. Threw out my back and won't be able to make it. :(
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Damn Rob you need to take care of yourself. First your ancle and now your back. Don't you work behind a desk?
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
zombie
Freshmeat

Post by zombie »

Yah, the ankle is actually what caused my back problems. The impact from falling with the sprained ankle caused me to throw out my back right after it happened. My back has been bothering me since although I thought I was in the clear. Then I went to bend over sligtly to start the vacuum cleaner and bam. There it went again. I suspect it had to do with shoveling the snow a few days earlier, that was pretty rough on my back. This is why I wear a back brace when playing airsoft :) But it is not good to wear for long periods of times because it weakens muscles further =/