Name

For all your airsoft needs..

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

What do you like for a name. (You can pick up to two)

Drop Pod 42 (DP42)
8%
414th Elephant Cavalry (414th ELEPH CAV)
23%
Death Corps
No votes
Soft 17 (Gay for short)
8%
Galatian Army Airsoft Squad (GAAS)
38%
Other (Post suggestion and I will add it to the poll)
23%

Total votes: 13

zombie
Freshmeat

Re: Name

Post by zombie »

Personally I'm with kevin, however the votes seem to be going towards a galatian name. I would say that if we are going to use galatia, that we just use Galatia, and we can have sub division names as jeff suggested.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Well I was going to suggest "The Brotherhood", but I see where this is going. . .

Also, thought up:
GAMA
Galatian Airsoft Mercenary Army

the GAME (Galatian Airsoft Members Enterprises)

As far as a Airsofter becoming a Citizen, that is totally doable. It would be done the same way as the Non-combatants have always been done. You just like to bitch.

I'm still leaning towards Prop Pod 900, I'm working in a workup as we speak.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Bash wrote:then i have a question if we go with gaas? does that mean if some one that just plays airsoft wants to become a Citizen they can?
My short answer would be hell yes, but that's just me.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Scintfic
Freshmeat

Post by Scintfic »

Well. I'll leave it alone until something is decided.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

then i have a question if we go with gaas? does that mean if some one that just plays airsoft wants to become a Citizen they can?
That could cause some issues, as it is not the case that everyone who stickfights will want to airsoft, or viceversa, which could cause people not to know much about it eachother if they don't participate in both events on a constant basis, nor have a say in the part that they don't participate in (which sort of goes against the rule that all citizens have an equal say in everything that galatia does). Also, what kid of ceremony do you give to an airsofter that wants to join ( an SCA one, a different airsoft one?). How will the pledgeship be handled for someone that only does airsoft but not SCA -- will we now require that pledges participate in both events? What if they don't care about SCA and only want to do airsoft? Who's the leader of the airsoft group? Is it the same one that leads currently galatia (titus)? Will it always be so? Will the rules of who can vote be different in the airsoft group? Will you need a different website/forum for the airsoft group?

Of course, the alternative to have separate and distinct groups with different rules may cause rifts, or maybe it won't?

Just throwing some questions out there that popped to mind since the subject came up.
My love for you is like a truck..
Scintfic
Freshmeat

Post by Scintfic »

Perhaps we are going about this wrong. It will be impossible to separate the two groups. About 5/8th of the people who airsoft do Markaland/ SCA. For the minority to expect the majority to leave their current association aside is rediculous. However, Berserk had a valid point. I propose a compromise.

Galatia Royal Air Gaurd or R.A.G.. Thought prosses is as follows. Galatia is of course the parent of the group in that it is what brought this renewed intrest in airsoft (well doug did but you know..). The "Royal" pays respect to that heritage. "Air" is a nod to the game itself. "Gaurd" well its a force of some type. I supposed it could be replaced with anything. On the Airsoft field the team would just be refered to as R.A.G.. This will allow some separation between the 2 groups, look good on the back of a tac vest, and cna be a play off of the "Dead Rag" used in big games.

I also think the group needs its own log. I whipped up a quick double head pheonix at work today..since I am stuck here and not out airsofting in 71 degree weather. Damn. now how do I up load it.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I know I promised Drop Pod drawings, but I've been super busy. On the upside, hopefully I can start the gas mask when I return. Also cam across this image, not to late to be a hive brood.
Hydra.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Hey Kevin,

I like the R.A.G. idea. I am more about the acronym, because I would assume that we would use that more than the full name. I still Like G.A.A.S.

Can anyone come up with a few more?
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
zombie
Freshmeat

Post by zombie »

I like R.A.G. too. Where is the addition to the poll?
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

what about:
  • G.A.G. (Galatian Airsoft Guard)
  • G.A.T.S. (Galatian Airsoft Tactical Squad)
  • P.H.A.T. Guys (Pheniox Hostile Attack Team)
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
Scintfic
Freshmeat

Post by Scintfic »

here are some more.

2nd Division Air Infantry ( you stick fighting folks being the 1st division) use the 2nd as image

A.R.A- airsoft republican army

A.T.F airsoft tactical fighters---ok thats funny
Scintfic
Freshmeat

Post by Scintfic »

I got another one

Galatian Rifle UNit

G.R.U.N.T

yes no?
Scintfic
Freshmeat

Post by Scintfic »

Maybe this one : "Sciathán Fiannóglach an Airm", which roughly translates into English as "Army Ranger Wing".[2]

"Fiannóglach" (representing "Ranger") is an amalgamation of two words. "Fian" is closest to the English word "warrior", and refers to the ancient band of warriors known as Na Fianna in Irish Mythology. "Óglach" (literally 'young hero') means "soldier" and refers to the name of the Defence Forces in Irish: Óglaigh na hÉireann. Na Fianna were purportedly expert warriors, so the addition of the word Fian- before Oglaigh denotes an elite element to the wing.

http://www.specialoperations.com/Foreig ... d/Arw1.gif

We could mute the coors to OD shades. I really liked the elements of the shield.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Would have to know how to say it, like the patch though. Other than that, I think we would have to decide on a name when a majoriy of us are together in person, at one of the events.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

You should redo the poll at the top with all the new names to get an idea of what is liked most.
My love for you is like a truck..