New Lists

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

New Lists

Post by MorGrendel »

Hello Thomas,
Per your comment in tale of 4 Gamers, I thought I'd break off an give you some advice here.
I'm taking your Starter Set to be a battalion so here's a good starting list, based on what you have. (FYI, I'm not a Bretonian expert)

500 points

1 Paladin, (General; Knight's Vow; Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armour)
1 Royal Pegasus (Flyer; Stomp; Swiftstride)
1 Enchanted Shield

20 Men-at-Arms (Peasant's Duty; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Polearm;
Light Armour; Shield)

16 Peasant Bowmen (Peasant's Duty; Hand Weapon; Longbow; Braziers; Defensive Stakes)

5 Knights of the Realm (Knight's Vow; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance;
Heavy Armour; Shield)
1 Gallant (Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield)
6 Warhorse (Swiftstride)
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Re: New Lists

Post by Titus »

You have to have a Std Bearer in a Brettonian Army. No french dare go outside with out their white flag.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

You have to have a Std Bearer in a Brettonian Army. No frenchmen dare go outside with out their white flag.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

You can even reach for 1000 points with that (Again may not be the best army)(Also, I thought you said you bought a green knight, if not you need one more mounted model to be your damsel).

1 Lord (General; Knight's Vow; Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armour)
1 Royal Pegasus (Flyer; Stomp; Swiftstride)
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Talisman of Endurance
1 Virtue of Knightly Temper (Cost Multiplier x1)

1 Paladin (Battle Standard Bearer) (Knight's Vow; Barding; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Warhorse (Swiftstride)
1 Ranger's Standard

1 Damsel of the Lady (Level 2 Upgrade; Magic Resistance (1))
1 Warhorse (Swiftstride)
1 Potion Sacre

19 Men-at-Arms (Peasant's Duty; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Pole-arm; Light Armour; Shield)
1 Yeoman Warden (Hand Weapon; Pole-arm; Light Armour; Shield)

16 Peasant Bowmen (Peasant's Duty; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Longbow; Braziers; Skirmishers)

6 ×Questing Knights (Always Strikes Last; Questing Vow; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield)
1 Paragon (Always Strikes Last; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield)
7 Warhorse (Swiftstride)
1 War Banner

By the way, don't thank me, thank Army Builder.
Mor Grendel

MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

In my house I would allow this list.

At 500 and under, you need to consult the special rules. Also, I can not get AB to drop the warhorses, and thus can not fit a Gen and ABS in the Hero slot.

Thanks for the input.
Mor Grendel

Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

You have to take avirtue to drop the horse
~Titus, the Thawed

Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

High Lord Duke Thomas,
I at this point in you Games Workshop Career, I suggest you go with models that you like. You do need a general, I suggest you get the King Louen. You don't have to use characters as a Special character, you can always use them as there normal alternate.
Alternatively you could pick up one of the two different Warhorse Mounted Lords
Also, I suggest one of the two Damsel Blister, they come with one mounted and one on foot so you would get two Wizards for one puchase. Either one, which ever one you like better.
You do need to have a standard bearer in any Bretonnian army. So you should pick this up.

For the bulk of your army, I suggest picking up another of the Battalion Boxes. Getting that, you should then pick up another Pegasus Knight, giving you a total of three. That would be a good solid start to an army. Then you can start getting into the more specialized troops as you like.

Basically, you should have enough points to get one other rare, or special unit. What ever models you think you would like.
~Titus, the Thawed

Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, Jeff and Jason.

Thanks for the info. I understood about half of what you were saying. I'll need to study more. There seems to be alot of info to learn, Glad that Jason also fights brentonian.

Sincerely

Thomas
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Essential, out of all those pictures, you need to have the last one. The standard bearer. I recommend you getting one of the wizard sets. I like the second one better. But I think I actually have both so I can change my army. You need to have a general model. It can be one of your wizards, but they have less leadership than the non-magic users, and basically your general gets to use his leadership on all units within 12". Leadership is very important, and you will see that as the game is played.
~Titus, the Thawed

Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, Jason.

thanks for the help!

Sincerely

Thomas