Remote Warhammer - Beta

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Re: Remote Warhammer - Beta

Post by Fritz »

MorGrendel wrote:I'd say something rude like "Know your rules", being as this is a general troop type, but that would be rude. :mrgreen:
Rude? Pfft, correcting my dumb ass is not rude.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Second attempt. Hopefully I wont be dead by turn 2 this time. Rolled Battle for the Pass this time. Archmage took Lore of Light and ended up with Net of Amyntok, Speed of Light, Pha's Protection, and Shem's Burning Gaze. Vermin Lord ended up with Wither, Cloud, Plague, and 13th. The lvl 1 engineer took warp lightning and the level 2 ended up with warp lightning and death frenzy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Skaven turn 1
Fairly minimal movement. Winds of magic are 3 and 2. Jeff gets 2 channels for a total of 7 power dice. First spell is Warp Lightning on the Archmage's unit of SpearElves. I let it go thinking there is something worse come, so the spell kills 2. Sure enough, Jeff dumps all five remaining dice into Plague. I figure what the hell and use the Sigil of Asuryan, autodispelling the spell, and then roll a 4, removing Plague from the Vermin Lord's mind and making sure that spell isn't used for the rest of the game.

Shooting is as eventful as always for Skaven. Cannon 1 lands right between the Archmage's SpearElves and the BSB's White Lion unit, killing 7 SpearElves and 3 White Lions. Cannon shoots off fine, but misfires on the bounce. The Gutter Runners fire off their slings, killing 3 SpearElves from the white triangle unit (hereafter "tri" unit). All panic tests are passed and the first skaven turn is over with my army is decent shape.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Captain Tightpants
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

HE turn 1

The tri unit of SpearElves charge the Gutter Runners, who stand and shoot, killing 5 but not enough to cause a panic check. The SpearElf unit with the Archmage swift reforms to be 5 wide and 4 deep with 2 extra in the 5th rank
The white striped SpearElf unit swift reform to be 5 wide and 6 deep.

Magic is fairly uneventful. 6 and 1 rolled for winds with no channels for either side. A boosted Net of Amyntok is cast using 4 dice on a (rather pathetic) 14 targeting the #2 WLC. Jeff uses three dice to dispel it with Irresistible Force. Next up is a boosted Pha’s Protection cast on a 12 using 3 dice, which Jeff dispels on a 14.

In close combat the SpearElves kill 6 Gutter Runners while only losing 1 in return. They restrain pursuit and reform to be 5 wide and 4 deep with 1 extra in the 5th rank while the Gutter Runners flee off the board.

Captain Tightpants