Army Builder and Moulder List.

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Army Builder and Moulder List.

Post by MorGrendel »

So I've complained before about true Skaven Clan Lists. You can do Skyre and Pestilence, but the other major Clans, Moulder, Eshin, and Morrs are difficult to build because the construction rules. In particularly, Moulder as its creatures do not count towards Core.

However, I thought, what the heck, I'll build a Moulder list anyway (figuring Serban loves themes, and he won't care if it does not follow the rules to the letter). I started with two units of Giant Rats and two Rat Swarms which did not appear in the points break down at all. Then two Hell PIts (Rare), then two units of Rat Ogres (Special). At that point, I noticed the Rat Ogres had a button to count them as Core. When I checked this box the points for the Rat Ogres moved from Special to Core. Also, it now counted the Giant Rats towards Core, but not the Swarms.

At some point, I also added some Moulder special characters, Sweel and Throt, which may have allowed this option, but I don't see anything in their particular rules that I can point to.

Anybody ever experience anything like this in army builder? I don't think it is a glitch since I had to check a box to do it.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Army Builder and Moulder List.

Post by MorGrendel »

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/S ... ORROR.html

Well, Well, look what needs to go into my next moulder list!
Mor Grendel

MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Figured it out, has to do with Throt.

Eshin still sucks. All the characters have the stupid "Killer, Not a Leader" rule, so your Eshin leader can't be Eshin. Bah!
Mor Grendel

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Why exactly are clanrats not usable in a Moulder list? Don't all clans have clanrats? I don't see why you can't fill out your core with the bare minimum of clanrats and then use the remainder for big monsters.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

If every clan has clan rats, then they don't add much to the clan specific theme. Sausage!
Mor Grendel