Walls and impacts

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Walls and impacts

Post by MorGrendel »

So in my cobbled brain of rules, I relized the new rules for a defended obstacle no longer take away Impact Hits and instead cause a Dangerous Terrain test for some models. Huh! Well, there you go if it comes up.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: Walls and impacts

Post by Berserker »

Yeah, but it only causes dangerous terrain tests for cavalry, monstrous cavalry and chariots. It never came up in any of our games. One day when I finally get me some hors..erm..war cats, then we'll have to pay attention ;)

As for the impact hits, I also don't think I ever charged you while you were behind a wall, so you never denied me my impact hits.
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Has not come up . . . yet. Muhahaha.
Just caught me funny since you measure to the obstacle not the unit. Not sure how you impact guys hiding behind a parapet, but them the breaks.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Perhaps you could think of it as when big things hit the wall, it makes it (or parts of it) collapse on the guys behind it, thus causing impact hits. And since that only applies to heavy things with lots of momentum behind them (like ogres, or chariots), it could be feasible. Regular dude would not be able to make the wall collapse, they would have to climb over it or something...
My love for you is like a truck..