New Color names

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

New Color names

Post by MorGrendel »

I don't mind that GW changes the names of the colors, confusing yes, but I get they got to push the hot product. That said, all the Skaven colors are now Ogre colors, and worse Devlan Mud is now Agrax Earthshade. WTF. Devlan Mud will always be Devlan Mud.

Thoughts?
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: New Color names

Post by Berserker »

What the heck is an Agrax Earthshade? Maan, and I was just starting to learn my colors...
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: New Color names

Post by MorGrendel »

A post I thought might be helpful.
Being a member of the church of Devlan Mud I was a bit dissapointed when I tried out the replacement "Agrax Eartshade" over the weekend. It's nothing like the good old devlan mud we have come to know and love. Although it covers well and finished matt (unlike the glossy coverage some painters have reported with the new shades) it is much thinner and much more brown than devlan mud (it lacks the dark, earthy green hint) and doesn't look as natural to me. I won't be buying it as a replacement.

BUT FEAR NOT FELLOW MUDDITES! Hope may be at hand in the shape of these new inks from Army Painter.

http://taleofpainters.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... aints.html

About a third of the way down the reviewer tries out the new Strongtone Ink (which is actually a matt-finish wash, don't let the name fool you) and not only does he find it comparable to devlan mud but actually says the finish is smoother. I'll definitley be trying these out.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.