Here come the primarchs

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Here come the primarchs

Post by Fritz »

In case you missed it, Forgeworld is going to be releasing waves of Horus Heresy models and campaign books, complete with rules for the legions and their primarchs. The first book features the Sons of Horus, the Death Guard, and the World Eaters. Story-wise it covers the purging of those legions at Istvaan IV as seen in Galaxy in Flames and Flight of the Eisenstein. Here's the first of the 18 primarchs to come. Say hello to Angron, the Red Angel: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Angron-wep.html
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Here come the primarchs

Post by MorGrendel »

Not impressed. Also doesn't match my vision of Angron at all.

That said, I'd love to do the battle over Prospero. Stupid space wolves.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Jeff are you ever impressed? He looks exactly as described in just about every description I can remember. Gold armor, dual chainaxes, fur cloak lined with chain and skulls, and rage implants feeding directly into his head. Oh and he looks really damned angry. That's about right.

I agree that Prospero and the Thousand Sons has the potential to be fantastic. Forgeworld does great stuff and I really expect them to go to town on the Thousand Sons. I don't really see much else for the Space Wolves. Like the Ultrasmurfs, Blood Angels, and Dark Angels, they already have their own Codex and haven't really changed all that much. I look forward to the Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons, Salamanders, and possibly the Imperial Fists. I feel like they are the legions that either A) provide interesting possibilities or B) have changed significantly changed since the heresy.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

From Shadows of Treachery:

"Amidst the blue and white armour strode a giant clad in red and gold, a great cloak of fur upon his back. Brazen chains were wrapped about his hands and wrists, a massive chainaxe in each hand. Corax could hear the savage war cries of Angron’s lobotomised warriors, their chanting flowing up the hillside as a challenge to the Raven Guard.

Corax flexed his grip on his whip as he watched the World Eaters Primarch stalking forwards. He knew this was the end. He had barely three thousand Space Marines against the might of a whole legion. He would have to face Angron, and he knew he would fall to the World Eater. There was not another primarch that could best him in single combat, save perhaps Horus, and maybe Sanguinius. Corax was an immortal lord of battle, but Angron was war incarnate. The Raven Guard had seen him leading his troops through the breach at Hell’s Anvil and witnessed his talent for destruction during the Siege of Gehenna.

No, there was not a doubt in Corax’s mind that Angron would slay him, and take great pleasure in the act."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Not true, I totally dig the new doomwheel, the new vamp big stuff, the new tyranid stuff, and the models in the new dark vengence box. In my head, I just imagined Angron as more beastial. Forgoeing armor for chains and pelts, big pelts. It might be the braid, but something made me think he healed even faster than the other primarchs, so he'd be more nekad.
Mor Grendel

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Nah, the armor has been described for a some time now. Just because he was a gladiator doesn't automatically equate to naked.If you look closely the armor itself has some nice gladiatorial bits in there as well. When I think gladiator I don't necessarily think bestial. I can see where you might think that since the Romans frequently used Germanic slaves as gladiators. However, they had plenty of non-barbarian slaves used as gladiators. My picture of Angron was always somewhat based in a classic Greco-Roman look. And no, he doesn't really heal any faster than the other primarchs. He's just really angry. All the time.

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I doubt I've read as much GW fiction as you. I thought Angron himself was red. Clearly I'm wrong.
Mor Grendel

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

MorGrendel wrote:I doubt I've read as much GW fiction as you. I thought Angron himself was red. Clearly I'm wrong.
That would be Magnus. You're going to love when the Thousand Sons show up.

Captain Tightpants
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

its possible you are thinking of after angron became a Deamon Prince?
"Money can't buy Happyness but it can buy Jagermister and thats kinda the same thing"

-Loki
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Loki wrote:its possible you are thinking of after angron became a Deamon Prince?
That's another possibility. He does become of Daemon Prince of Khorne after all, and you know how much Khorne loves red.

Captain Tightpants
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

Acctually Angron is red. Or rather reddish it is a combination of the over exposure and the red sands on his home world. Any victory he has had he adds to his rope or ritual Scar the traverses his body. A victory is a cut with the red sands rubbed into it to blend in with the natural staining of his skin. A loss is rubbed in with black sand or ash to darken the the scar so that it stands out more. Angron has only one black " knot" in his rope the day the emperor teleported him off his home world before its final battle and liberation.

However you think of the model I've read the rules for him Horus, Mortorian, and Fulgrim and they are pretty awsome. War hammer 30 k is gonna be cool. I've already got my preorder taken care of.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

boagrius wrote:Acctually Angron is red. Or rather reddish it is a combination of the over exposure and the red sands on his home world. Any victory he has had he adds to his rope or ritual Scar the traverses his body. A victory is a cut with the red sands rubbed into it to blend in with the natural staining of his skin. A loss is rubbed in with black sand or ash to darken the the scar so that it stands out more. Angron has only one black " knot" in his rope the day the emperor teleported him off his home world before its final battle and liberation.

However you think of the model I've read the rules for him Horus, Mortorian, and Fulgrim and they are pretty awsome. War hammer 30 k is gonna be cool. I've already got my preorder taken care of.
I rather like what they did with the Primarchs. Very powerful, but killable.

Captain Tightpants
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

I think its awesome they've done a good at bring the fluff and abilities of the primarchs into the game without making them God's.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!