Changing Weapons

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Changing Weapons

Post by MorGrendel »

Serban made a comment over the weekend regarding changing weapons to hand weapon and shield before combat. I just want to clarify that this is no longer legal. See the first line of page 89.

Basicly, anything that is not a Hand Weapon, is a special weapon, and troops will always use their special weapon in HTH. I'm am not a fan of this rule.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Re: Changing Weapons

Post by Fritz »

Yup, no longer legal. I'm not a big fan of it either, but that's the rule.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

They should repoint units that pay for both. I'm really starting to turn on Stormvermin, which sucks since they are such cool models.
Mor Grendel

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Shields are optional for stormvermin no?
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

True. I guess what I really want is the abily to switch, since they can't use a halberd and sheild. I've been pouring over Lizards lately, and Temple Gaurd do not have the option to not purchase. I guess I assumed the same for SV.
Mor Grendel

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

I guess you would now purchase them just for the armor bonus and nothing more. That makes them far less useful. I wonder why they decided to get rid of that rule. The rule makes complete life sense. You carry spears and if before the battle your leader tells you to take out your sword, the unit takes it out.

Perhaps they thought it too powerful a rule? Or they thought that 6+ ward save is too powerful and are trying to limit how many units can use it? Meh..
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I think it was more a matter of people changing fighting configurations before, during, and between combats.
Mor Grendel

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

MorGrendel wrote:I think it was more a matter of people changing fighting configurations before, during, and between combats.
You never could change weapons during combat. You always had to declare what weapons you were using at the beginning of combat and stick with it throughout. I don't see much of a problem with it. If we wanted to house rule it I would be fine with it in my games.

Captain Tightpants