New Daemons sound insane

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

New Daemons sound insane

Post by Fritz »

Imagine if your army's magic items were randomly rolled at the beginning of the game and your entire army had a small chance of imploding at the start of each magic phase. Apparently that's what the new daemon book is like. Have a gander over at some of the rumor sites and you'll see what I mean. It seems like they really wanted to make chaos daemons truly chaotic.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: New Daemons sound insane

Post by Berserker »

mmmmm, i love randomness. Maybe I'll make a daemon army ;)
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

I've been considering Khorne Daemons as a secondary army for a little bit. The randomness just makes it all that much more appealing oddly enough. I want a secondary army to be three things: 1) evil 2) not dependent on magic 3) play distinctly different from High Elves. The debate is between my good ol' Vampire Counts and Khorne Daemons. Vampires get catagories 1 and 3, but remain a magic dependent army. Daemons can potentially just say fuck it to magic, but could end up playing a little too much like High Elves (fragile, but hard hitting). I'll have to see what kind of lists I can make.
Last edited by Fritz on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

play dwarves. Not dependent on magic, hard hitting, very tough, nothing like the puny elves with their puny poems and their puny treehouses. ;)
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Berserker wrote:play dwarves. Not dependent on magic, hard hitting, very tough, nothing like the puny elves with their puny poems and their puny treehouses. ;)
They're dependent on the one thing I hate more than magic: war machines. Having tried Dwarfs twice, I can say for certain they are just too static for me. They can't really manuever enough for my preferences. I prefer some kind of faster unit mixed in. Daemons can give me Bloodcrushers and a Bloodthirster. Vampires can give me Vargheists, Black Knights, and Terrorgheists (among many other things). Dwarves give me guns and short smelly Scottish wannabes. Yawn.

Plus, you people whine enough as it as about my High Elves shutting down a magic phase. Dwarfs put that to shame. Imagine this: +3 dispel dice in addition to whatever the winds of magic give, then I steal one of your power dice and add it to my dispel pool, and I then pack multiple dispel scrolls which can destroy your spell on a 4+. Dwarf players can do that with 2 characters. Actually, most Dwarf forum goers consider it a requirement with how nasty magic is in 8th edition.

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Fritz wrote:Plus, you people whine enough as it as about my High Elves shutting down a magic phase.
No, we whine that elves move faster, always strike first, hit with nearly everything, reroll misses, have a 2+ save to shooting, strenght 6 troops, volley fire, high leadership, virtually unkillable deathstar, AND shut down the magic phase. :)
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

MorGrendel wrote:
Fritz wrote:Plus, you people whine enough as it as about my High Elves shutting down a magic phase.
No, we whine that elves move faster, always strike first, hit with nearly everything, reroll misses, have a 2+ save to shooting, strenght 6 troops, volley fire, high leadership, virtually unkillable deathstar, AND shut down the magic phase. :)
They move the same speed as your skaven, they die to a stiff breeze, cost more than double almost any of your troops, get no armor saves from your shooting, while getting tied up with 2 point eternal tarp pits (while still getting shot). Nice try Jeff, but you still have the most broken army in the game.

Captain Tightpants