Swedish Comp System

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Swedish Comp System

Post by MorGrendel »

Berserker wrote:Maneaters from Russia with Love (350 pts)
5 Maneaters, 350 pts (Captain; Bellower; Standard Bearer; Light Armour; Brace of Ogre Pistols x5; Poisoned Attacks; Sniper)
- Banner of Eternal Flame - Flaming attacks
(that's 10 poisoned, fiery attacks at str 4, armor piercing, hitting on 6s (or 5s short range) -- and auto-wounding on 6s)
Doesn't bother me too bad, but the Maneaters make me quake a bit. At least they don't scout too. Heavens? Is that to deal with Phoenixes? I didn't have much luck with that, he was able to stay out of site, so I couldn't target the Phoenixes.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Heavens is actually a very versatile lore. I haven't played it much, but I think it would work very well with my army, especially in a shooty setting. Heavens can make the enemy's attacks worse ( -tohit), make them reroll 6s tohit, wound and armor save (great against poison units), reroll your 1s (no misses!), has some good'ol magic missile, a nice comet to block pathways/force enemy movement or simply hurt opponents, chain lightning which jumps from unit to unit, and the added bonus of extra damage to flyers.

I wouldn't get this lore because of a phoenix. And I might never target a phoenix with it. But it's nice to have the threat of extra damage in there.

As for that build of maneaters, that is done specifically to try to hunt down heroes. It probably won't hurt generals as they usually have too much armor, toughness and ward saves, but the BSB and the wizards usually are a good target. I thin that perhaps I should lower the amount of leadbelchers and add another 1 or 2 maneaters in the mix. I think that might make it more effective. 10 attacks is likely to only cause no more then 2-3 wounds from poison unless you roll with fritzs or dan's dice of always 6s ;).
My love for you is like a truck..
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Here's a fun one with mournfangs. This is not a tournament list. It actually comes in at a 7.5, but one day when i buy some cats, i'll run this list. Idea behind this list to run a flank (or both) with the cav and scouts.

2500 Pts - Ogre Kingdoms Roster - Ogre Cavalry (7.5)

Slaughtermaster's Unit (1115 pts)
1 Slaughtermaster, 385 pts (General;Level 4 Upgrade; Lore of Heaven)
- Warrior Bane
- Grut's Sickle
- Talisman of Preservation

1 Butcher, 185 pts ( Level 2 Upgrade; Lore of Great Maw)
- Tormentor Sword
- Earthing Rod
- Obsidian Trinket
- Ironcurse Icon

1 Bruiser (Battle Standard Bearer), 195 pts (Great Weapon; Heavy Armour;)
- Enchanted Shield
- Dragonbane Gem
- The Other Trickster's Shard
- Giantbreaker

10 Ogres, 350 pts (Bellower; Standard Bearer; Ironfist; Light Armour;)

6 Ironguts, 303 pts (Bellower; Standard Bearer)
- Lichebone Pennant

3 Ogre Mournfang Cavalry, 230 pts (Bellower; Standard Bearer; Hand Weapon; Ironfist; Heavy Armour; )
3 Ogre Mournfang Cavalry, 230 pts (Bellower; Standard Bearer; Hand Weapon; Ironfist; Heavy Armour; )

5 Maneaters, 350 pts (Poisoned Attacks; Scouts; Bellower; Standard Bearer; Brace of Ogre Pistols x5;)

1 Sabretusks, 21 pts
1 Sabretusks, 21 pts
My love for you is like a truck..