Lizardmen tease

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Re: Lizardmen tease

Post by Fritz »

Must have a different edition in my head. I can't exactly walk into my living room and grab my rulebook. Multiple flees in the same charge phase makes no sense to me, but if that's what you're saying happens in this edition, then the dwarfs would take the penalty for fleeing through an enemy unit and be placed on the other side of that enemy unit. At that point you determine if the Rippers can catch them. A normal ground unit could not pursue past the Carnosaur. I'm pretty certain you can't move through a friendly unit during pursuit and in that case, the dwarfs would escape. However, the rippers are flyers and as such I think are allowed to move over the Carnosaur so long as they would have had enough movement. If their pursuit move would have ended on top of the Carnosaur, then they would stop short.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Oh, and stop trying to hijack my thread with smurfs. :bigsmile:
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Hey, how'd you sneak that response in there? How come you can't get to your living room? Are you back to work?

Here is the new break down. I know it has taken me plenty to get used to.

The Charge Summary is:
1. Declare a charge.
2. Resolve charge reaction.
3. Go back to 1. until all units you wish to charge have done so.
4. Move all charging units, in any order you like.

In detail:
Step 1
p. 16, Declare charge: The player picks one of his units and announces which unit it will charge. The enemy must make its charge reaction before another charge can be declared.

Step 2
p. 16, Charge Reaction: The enemy unit that has a charge declared against it must hold or perform a charge reaction - shooting at the chargers or retreating from the threat. Once the charge reaction is complete, the charging player can declare a charge wih another unit, until he has declared all the charges he wishes.

p. 17, Flee: If a unit chooses a Flee! reaction, for whatever reason, use the following procedure:
**Immediately** turn the unit about its center so that it is facing directly away from the center of the charging unit (ignore other units or impassible terrain). This turn is free and does not reduce the distance the unit will flee.
After turning, the unit flees 2d6" in the direction it is facing, as described under Move Fleeing Units in the Compulsory Moves subphase.

Step 3
p. 18, There's too many of them!: A unit may be called upon to make several charge reactions over the course of a charge subphase, if charged by several enemy units. ... A unit that Flees! once in a charge sub-phase will have to keep fleeing if it has more charges declared against it.

Step 4
p. 18, Roll charge range and move chargers: Advance to Multiple Charges on a Unit.
p. 23, Multiple Charges on a Unit: This rule does not apply because it deals with frontage and maximizing attacks.

I agree with your above statement. Although, the Bastildon should not have moved, so in the end he would have run the dwarves down. However, given the example its funny to think of escaping by running head long into your opponent.
Mor Grendel

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

I've been back at work for a week. And my spash maweens are green lizard wanna-bes. It sorta counts.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Mor Grendel