And you guys hated High Elves...

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: And you guys hated High Elves...

Post by Berserker »

You want MORE monsters out of beastmen?! They already have Giants, Cygors, Ghorgons, and Jabberslythes. Add in monstrous infantry and beasts, they also have razorgors, minotaurs, and chaos spawn. That's a pretty good selection. The army book is lackluster, but if models are what you're looking for, they're pretty fantastic. The plastic minotaurs and the dual ghorgon/cygor kit both look great.
Yes, more monsters!! Can never have enough! And yes, I would buy the army now, but I don't have any money, so by the time the new army book comes out, perhaps I'll be able to afford it. And of course, more monsters means more likely for me to buy them ;)
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

A man after my own heart. I played Clayson last week, and ran a carnasaur into the woods so the cannon could not shoot it. Clayson played it great with, "Did you hear that?" "I think there is something in the woods . . . something big!"

As an aside, Clay took a shot at my other carnasaur with a cannon. Now he could see the head, but the base was blocked by a forest. Normally, I'd argue that you'd have to "see" the model over the base to shoot it, but is that how you guys see it? Do the new RLOS rules mean you can shoot a monster, even if your shot never touches the base?
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

MorGrendel wrote:A man after my own heart. I played Clayson last week, and ran a carnasaur into the woods so the cannon could not shoot it. Clayson played it great with, "Did you hear that?" "I think there is something in the woods . . . something big!"

As an aside, Clay took a shot at my other carnasaur with a cannon. Now he could see the head, but the base was blocked by a forest. Normally, I'd argue that you'd have to "see" the model over the base to shoot it, but is that how you guys see it? Do the new RLOS rules mean you can shoot a monster, even if your shot never touches the base?
The rules state if you can see it, you can shoot it. Period. Now you can't shoot decorative things such as banner poles, weapons, and standards, but if you can see it you can shoot it otherwise.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

What he said
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

We generally house rule that you can't see to the other side of woods though. To prevent cannons and things that do not role to hit from being to powerful.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

shooting what you can see works well generally until you reach forests since we generally only put 1 or 2 trees on the pad because it's annoying to have to move them around. At that point we assume that that is a forest, and not a meadow with 2 trees. To me it never made sense why you could see and shoot through a forest. Forests are very dense.

I approve of the house rule.
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Titus wrote:The rules state if you can see it, you can shoot it. Period. Now you can't shoot decorative things such as banner poles, weapons, and standards, but if you can see it you can shoot it otherwise.
I guess that's the old school in me. Gorgers are dumb, and I'm not going to shoot them even if I can see the hand sticking up over the hill. I feel similarly about hero's in action poses (or mounted on rocks or magic boxes) in units.

So I guess that is the real issue with the Carnasaur, the base size doubled, but GW failed to send me a new base. A bit of a double whammy really, because I modeled my carnasaur vertically, because it hung over the base too much and was a bitch to get into combat.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.