Border Wars

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Border Wars

Post by MorGrendel »

I've been flipping through the old General's Compendium, and looking for ways to string some scenarios together. I'm under the impression, mostly from Fritz's blog, that this is what the Border Wars book does.

So how is Border Wars?
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Re: Border Wars

Post by Titus »

It is basically three linked charts. You choose one of five options, oponnent chooses one of five options, reference chart, make necessary Army General Skill roles, play said mission. Play next mission same way. Play third after that. If the last battle is a tie, or not a decisive win, then you can start at the beginning, ie. the defending army pushed the invading army back.

Oh, it was well worth the 8 dollars I paid for it.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

It's an apple app that you can't get it elsewhere right now, so keep that in mind. What I really like about it is that it brings some narrative and variety to games. It's especially nice for Jason and I since we play each other all the time. You can't only play the basic rulebook mission so many times with the same armies before you need to mix things up a bit. The Border Wars app so far seems to be quite nice for that. As much as I bitched about it at the time, the Ambush was very very different and ended up being quite a bit of fun.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Cool.
Bet we have enough ideas we could write our own app.
Mor Grendel

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Except you hate all my ideas.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

That's not true. It's not your ideas I hate . . . :mrgreen: burn
Mor Grendel

MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

OK when I said that I thought this post was coming sooner . . . check out: The beginnings of a bad idea - Terrain and the 66 scenarios - http://www.galatia.us/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... 430#p17311
Mor Grendel