The hippies cometh

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

The hippies cometh

Post by Fritz »

And I gotta say I'm digging the models. Half my high elf army is wood elves. I'm heavily tempted to convert over. This also gives me hope that Thomas and Jason's poor Bretonnians might get some badly needed love. Here are some of the images:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Re: The hippies cometh

Post by Fritz »

And a couple more:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Two thoughts:
Where are the bows . . . Rangers with Batlevs not bows seems . . . Incorrect
So much metal. Did the Wood Elves start mining?

Beautiful models for a much maligned army. Surprising there is no new Treekin models, since I thought they came in pewter, but I'm either wrong or they are a second run. Or they don't work in the current rule set, being as they are two wound creatures. I could easily see them gaining a wound and becoming monsterous infantry, and hence have new models.

As you say, with luck the book is good, and the Brets get some love soon.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Tree kin are already 3 wound monstrous infantry. They have fine crap models, but they don't appear to be getting a new kit, which strikes me as odd. I've seen a great conversion for them using the citadel trees though. The eternal guard are really the only ones that look heavily armored to me. The sisters and wild riders are spot on and the rangers are half naked.

Keep in mind, wood elves got a plastic kit for their archers and glade riders last time around and they're still pretty nice models. I'll agree it seems odd that none of these releases have bows, but in the end I think they needed some combat gaps filled so they can work with this edition of warhammer. They still don't have heavy cavalry and their ranked up combat units appear to be limited to eternal guard, Wildwood rangers tree kin, and possibly dryads (who have been spotted both ranked up and skirmishing in recent white dwarfs). That seems like enough to help them in this edition of 'screw you skirmishers' while keep them as a guerrilla style army.

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Love that giant dude with the big sword! I guess I have a soft spot in my heart for big things =)
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

I'm right there with you Serban. That big dude looks great.

Captain Tightpants
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Finally have my Wood Elf book. Review up on das blog for any interested:
http://warhammertruthiness.blogspot.com ... eview.html

Captain Tightpants
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

MorGrendel wrote:As you say, with luck the book is good, and the Brets get some love soon.
Starting to hear whispers of Bretonnians coming in July. The rule rumors now a days are completely untrustworthy, but the model rumors have tended to pan out. Thus far all I've heard is a Grail Knight/Questing Knight dual kit. Damn GW is killing me. First Wood Elves, then Bretonnians shortly after the Game of Thrones season. I've always wanted to do an Army of the North with Bretonnians: lots of Questing Knights, good amount of Peasants.

On a related note, I have a feeling we're all about to be terrorized once again by Jason's Pegasus Knights of Doom army. This is all just speculation, but based on army book trends, they are almost certain to be limited to the usual number of special choices rather than their current 0-1. Given the Warhawk riders just went up to 3 wounds, I think we can also expect the same of Pegasus Knights with a similar points increase (maybe 60/model?). Can you imagine 3 units of flying heavy cav in an army? Eeek.

Captain Tightpants