Nagash is back

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Nagash is back

Post by MorGrendel »

Jeff can get into a Lizardmen mindset better than I, so maybe he can come up with something.
Actually, my army's story is that they are from Xlotl, the City of Ghosts and Mist. They are locked in a perpetual battle with Chaos and Skaven. The city was so charged with magic, it phases in and out of reality. Whole Lizardman Xlotl armies have been been seen to fade away into the mist, only to reappear elsewhere. Moreover, it is believed they refight the battle every Millennium or so (i.e the dead are alive again). I think that was the fluff. My "undead" could easily be units phasing into reality.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

MorGrendel wrote:I think I'm arguing that a Bolt/Stone Thrower should hit both since they share a base. Now that said, I think single bases should be a great deal harder to hit. I mean they do have 4 eyes and 2 brains to see something coming. Maybe a dodge roll or reaction move, or something. Maybe a Dodge Move of X", where X is Initiative. If you have room to get away you are clear of the shot... Interesting thought.
Or you could, you know, make it simple. Like they're doing. The strength thing is not confirmed, but the attacks are definitely combined. Like I said, not the biggest fan of that. Everything else, it's about damned time. You can't make a realism argument with cannons right now (I would love to see someone take a civil war cannon and try to hit a helicopter which is about the same thing you're asking Warhammer cannons to do), so I'm most concerned with game balance. Cannons are well balanced against monsters, but not against ridden monsters. This makes it a bit more balanced if it ends up being true.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

I want my ogre leaders to be able to ride something besides a fekin carpet...
Why is that normal ogres can ride my monsters, but my leaders are too dumb to learn to sit in a saddle! Can i get my butcher to summon a horde of zombie slaves to carry my tyrant around? That might just make it worth while!

Now about the undeath, i don't know the rules, so i don't know what you can actually summon. I mean if you want ethereal things in your army, if that's your story, then a skeleton is not one no matter how you cut it. So I guess i really just need to know the rules first.

And for most armies, there should really be some bad sideeffects for siding with the undead. At the least some morale drops, chances to run away, fear, discord and hate. Even if the humans ally themselves with the dead, they are still the dead and most humans should not accept sitting next to one. Humans are not evil, even if their wizards and lords might be.
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Your Hunters can ride the Mammoths no?
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

True, but they are considered a rather large waste of points. I play them because I like variety, but if you wanted to optimize a list, you'd never play them. My point stands. My tyrants, bruisers, butchers, firebellies and that awesome looking waste of points executioner should be able to ride monsters. All the other races's leaders can ride something. Mine won't even ride the cats.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Right now everything riding a monster is considered a waste of points because of how easy they are to kill, so your hunter isn't alone. If it makes you feel better, Dwarfs don't get to ride anything either (unless you count standing on a shield carried by other dwarfs).

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

No, it doesn't make me feel better because I don't play dwarfs. And having a bunch of gnoblars carry my tyrant on a shield would be sooo cool! Maybe I'll model that anyway ;)
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

SERBAN!!!!
I have the greatest idea. It mixes a tyrant on a carpet with the "undead" theme.

AN ANGEL...

Or more specifically a cherub, a fat, naked baby with wings. Think Cupid. Heck, he could hold a ballista, and it would just be a crossbow for him. Cute or ugly, your choice, but... he must have have comically small wings.

Here's an idea board, in case you don't follow.
cherub.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mor Grendel

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

hahahaha, that's actually quite hilarious. Maybe I can put some wings on a fat tyrant and he's an angel ;)
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Anybody pick this up yet? I left before the actual release date, so I'm just getting second hand information from the interwebs. Clayson, you work for these guys now right?

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I see you can summon a Tomb Sphinx...

Serban, If you had a million bucks, you could convert the Hunter on a Mammoth to a Stonehorn Aircraft Carrier. It could be a platform with two hunters and a bunch of Vultures...
Well, that doesn't exactly exactly explain the flight ability...But it would be another big monster.
Mor Grendel

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Flying stonehorns eh? Couldn't use airplanes and stuff as Ogres are not that smart. It would have to be a natural mutation. Perhaps simply a stonehorn with wings? ;) Man that would look weird.. And yeah, I could surround him with a bunch of vultures.