Grand Army Challenge II: Kings of War Edition

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Re: Grand Army Challenge II: Kings of War Edition

Post by Fritz »

Dan and I have been talking about this since the Age of Sigmar drop. This will now likely be a Kings of War game. Original post edited to reflect the change.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Fritz, can you drop the Mantic Rules on your drive so I can see? I can't get to them at work and keep forgetting while I am at home to do it.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Done. It should be under Rules>Kings of War. Let me know if that isn't working for whatever reason. The official army lists are just samples for now. Mantic will eventually push them to the public for free, but their kickstarter backers have first dibs. The excel spreadsheet you see in that folder is the last beta army lists they pushed out. There are not supposed to be any differences between that excel spreadsheet and the official published rules, so you can reliably build lists off of that.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

Just watched the new video from mantic games, funny how they said their "Web traffic has gone up 300%" and they "wonder why that is?" Made me laugh a bit.
Anyway, they confirmed that they are making list for lizard men and rat men and also for historicals. I like the openness of that company.
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E17Ztf_Bs9E

Ratkin are already in the beta test phase by the way. You can check out the beta spreadsheet maintained by the rules committee here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =644257362 The last update was a couple days ago.

The full list of new army lists to come is below. They have explicitly said for a while now they're making rules for "other company's models." They're supposedly looking to publish this supplement in October. I put in bold what each Warhammer equivalent is. As a side note, there are "Salamanders" in the Forces of Nature list that are very clearly akin to Saurus. If they're a sign of things to come for the Reptilians, things are looking very good.

Currently in beta testing:
1. Ratkin - A race originally created by the Abyssal Dwarfs (Evil) Skaven
2. The League of Rhordia - an alliance of human city states and the halfling shires (Neutral) Empire
3. The Herd - satyrs, centaurs, minotaurs, owlbears and other beastmen. (Neutral) Beastmen, but without being inherently evil. This was apparently something the KoW community really really wanted.
4. Empire of Dust (Mostly Skeletons) (Evil) Tomb Kings

Upcoming:
5. The Shattered Clans (Humans) (Evil) Warriors of Chaos
6. Reptilians (two different lizard-based races) (Good) Lizardmen
7. The Brotherhood (Humans) (Good) Probably Bretonnia
8. SUPER SECRET
9. SUPER SECRET

Captain Tightpants
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

Is there actually a list? The spread sheet just shows changes. Am I doing somthing wrong?
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

You gotta go between the tabs at the bottom.

Captain Tightpants
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Got to download and open in Excel, the Google Sheets just shows every page at the same time. Very confusing Dan.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

When I get back from Miami I would really like to play a couple of small games of KOW. When I get back most of you will be at Pennsic. So mebe after that. Hit me up any one who wants to.