40K Rumors

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

40K Rumors

Post by MorGrendel »

I heard a rumor that a Total War: 40K ad was accidentally printed in a recent softcover release. Interesting if it is true.

Also, there is a supposedly there is plan to split all the 40K armies into factions (Like Warmachine and Malafaux) and your armies would be comprised of a Faction or allied Factions. Bah!
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Re: 40K Rumors

Post by Fritz »

You're referring to Warhammer: Total War. It is not a 40k, but rather a fantasy game. While SEGA owns the license for both systems now (Fantasy through Creative Assembly and 40k through their acquisition of THQ assets), Total War: 40k is not a thing. Warhammer: Total War, however, is definitely a thing, having been announced about a year ago. A magazine interview just happened to mention it in passing again about a month ago, hence the "fresh" news. There is speculation that it's CA next big project after Attila: Total War. If you want a 40k computer strategy game, go play the Dawn of War series.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Oooohh, that sounds promising. Though I've yet to have time to fire up Rome 2: Total War. :(

Also, I'm hearing that Fantasy Flight knocked it out of the part again with the Horus Heresy Boardgame. I haven't seen it played yet, but might have to check it out.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Total War:Hammer?
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

That's what Rock, Paper, Shotgun has been referring to it as.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants