Age of sigmar

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Age of sigmar

Post by lilscutt »

OMG ALL I CAN SAY......
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Re: Age of sigmar

Post by Fritz »

You damned tease.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

He is my brother, so is it legally for me to start the lynching?
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Is that in the fantasy setting? Or 40k?
My love for you is like a truck..
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

It's fantasy and it's going to be awesome
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Went and read some rumor threads. If they are true, the game rules are a complete re-write, but sounds interesting actually. That round base still irks me but perhaps it's not true.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/06/ ... lwave.html

..or that whole rumor website is just a bunch of bull.
My love for you is like a truck..
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

From what I've read so far bases are either or it makes no difference in AoS. And i Jason I've got the rope,if he doesn't spill it on Saturday he's not gonna make it to work on Sunday
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

What I saw on bell of lost souls, is..... ass , units have base to hit and wound rolls. No charts. So say, the sons os sigmar space marine chapter has 2 attacks that always hit on a 4+ and wound on a 3+ . no point values. Some how if your outgunned you have a special victory condition or somthing, no ranks, round or square is irrelevant for bases. Numbers of models adds to your bravery losing means you lose models not run away. All units are on scrolls no force org. Its Lotr light from what I've seen. Sorry Clayson
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

Yup that's what I read. It's not fantasy it's a new game.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

I've tried to ignore most of what's out there for now. The rule packet is only 4 pages, so it might just be entirely focused on beginners. I don't even mind a fundamental rewrite of mechanics, so long as I'm 1) not playing herohammer (which isn't looking good) and 2) can still have massed ranked combat. Otherwise it's time to start looking at kings of war.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

Your going to need to open up your mind and think a little different with the new war hammer, I'll leave at that for now.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

lilscutt wrote:Your going to need to open up your mind and think a little different with the new war hammer, I'll leave at that for now.
You're gonna have to give me something better than that. I can do that with another game system. I simply will not be playing a skirmish-only system. That's not why I play fantasy. I understand GW's desire to make the game more accessible at lower point values, but that should not come at the detriment of those with established armies. Fucking over your customers and being ultra secretive is a great way to run a business into the ground. Sorry for directing the anger at the messenger, but this an infuriating business strategy from a company that still acts as though they're the only show in town.

Captain Tightpants
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

He is not allowed to say anything. Calm down. Models though, pretty awesome. Warscrolls are supposed to be available for everything on Saturday, so we can see.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

Fritz, having worked for the company you know how it goes. But company try's to keep things on down low for a reason but the internet ruins things. With all the leaks which can be correct or wrong and opinions of people who have no connection to the GW who have opinions are asshats, because they have the world reading BS. It's not a skirmish game and it's not your old warhammer. It's age of sigmar a new game with awesome story line and free rules( can't be salty about that) all I'm saying is keep an open mind and try the game before you burn it because you read leaked rules and warscrolls don't have idea how they work. Also if you don't like age of sigmar still have 8th to play and you don't have to go look at mantic look a like stuff.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

lilscutt wrote:It's not a skirmish game and it's not your old warhammer. It's age of sigmar a new game with awesome story line and free rule
These are literally the only two sentences that matter. As long as I have my mass battles, that's all that matters to me. I'm perfectly willing to try something different, especially if it plays faster. I, unlike most of the internet, loved the End Times story right up until it felt like GW went "fuck it, let's just nuke it." A continuation of that storyline is most welcome.

On the matter of leaks, they wouldn't be a problem if GW managed their PR better, or, you know, at all. I hate to keep beating you over the head with fantasy flight, but that's a company that understands the internet age. It can be a positive and a negative. It's all in how you manage it. Reacting to it with open hostility when it is the best way to reach your consumer base is the exact wrong way to go. GW will continue to have problems like the current PR clusterfuck if they nuke things and then say absolutely nothing for three months. Had the release of age of sigmar quickly followed the incredibly demoralizing destruction of the Old World, they might have gotten away with being this secretive. They didn't and gave no indication of what was to come. Hence you have a frustrated consumer base that takes their frustration to the only outlet available to them. GW is going the wrong direction in an age of easy communication.

Captain Tightpants