Age of sigmar

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Re: Age of sigmar

Post by lilscutt »

Fritz wrote:Well there went my idea for using the Sigmarines as something else. $50 for 5 models. Yikes...
Yes a little expensive for conversions but that's the price for a box like that now, but if you want to do conversions why not get the aos starter box, it's a better deal.
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

This is what irks me about no points, the player who is the most "socially pushy" stronger willed if you will, will win every time. Argeeing is never really Argeeing. My opinion about something is never 100% someone else's. And my opinion about how many goblins =how many sword masters is not going to always be the same as my opponent. So either I get them to eccept my opinion or I accept theirs. And if I lose I will feel cheated and vice versa " if I only had 10 more gobbos, but that ass..." "if he hadn't taken all elite troops......" he had too many Damn goblins"

With points it's never going to be exactly equal either. My 70 man goblin unit point wise (with the war boss and skulers) was less points then Clason's 20 elf warrior with a wizard. And my goblins stomped them . but it's not because the elf unit wasn't worth it's points, it's just shouldn't have been in a fight with that unit head to head. In aos. The result would be the same but the elf player would feel cheated because I outnumbered him 3.25 to one. Or we give the elf instant win option and I feel cheated Because my gobbos can't stop that unit from completing half the instant win objectives.
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

lilscutt wrote:
Fritz wrote:Well there went my idea for using the Sigmarines as something else. $50 for 5 models. Yikes...
Yes a little expensive for conversions but that's the price for a box like that now, but if you want to do conversions why not get the aos starter box, it's a better deal.
It wasn't going to be for conversions. I want then in 20s for regiments of Basileans Paladins. Instead, I'd have to go with these: http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/ ... gures.html

However, now that I'm looking at the re-sell market for the starter kit models, things are much more reasonable at around 12.50 for 5, making a unit of 20 cost $50. I could do that. Mantic still has you beat big time on price, but $15 extra for the quality and theme I'm looking for is worthwhile.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Oh man, I just read Battle for the Gates of Azyr. The Stormcast Eternals are fucking Space Marines. They look like it, they act like it, they're all enhanced humans, and they drop out of the heavens on "comet fire." Dear Lord, GW isn't even trying to hide it. This is just hilarious.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

ePub, share?
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I just listened to a commentary where Tom Vassel (game reviewer) compared the new rules of Age of Sigmar to Quelf. Now it all makes sense.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

Really?
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

We were warned...
“Bugman smiled down at the king. ‘Aye, and there always will be. Whatever happens next, king of kings, don’t ever forget that. We’ve lost a lot, that’s for sure, but there’s no use crying over spilt ale. As long as the mountains are made of stone, there’ll be dwarfs in them, of that I’ve no doubt.”

Excerpt From: Haley, Guy. “The End Times | The Rise of the Horned Rat.” Black Library, 2015-01. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Gregor
Galatian

Post by Gregor »

AGE....OF....SIGMAR!!! Bitches!! Greatest game ever created!!
The Greatest Archer in the known Universe
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

mmmmk

/goes back to loving Kings of War

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

63532815.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My love for you is like a truck..