Warpath

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Warpath

Post by Fritz »

I'm finding myself thinking of getting back into 40k collecting every so often (usually after finishing a Horus Heresy book). I will freely admit the models are only getting better. I especially love the look of the Betrayal at Calth set. However, every time I look at the actual rules, my head hurts. The base 40k rules seem like a bloated mess to me. As I did with Warhammer, I'm looking at an alternative Mantic ruleset with some interest. I give you Warpath: http://vb.manticforum.com/forum/warpath ... -22nd-june

I'm not as invested in this as I was in KoW during its beta since I no longer have a functioning 40k army. However, I'm curious what your takes on it are. I'm still getting through the ruleset myself. Unlike KoW, which was fairly similar to 6th edition Fantasy, Warpath appears to be a radically different game compared to 40k. For one, it's an alternating activation game like X-Wing and Armada.

And Clayson, before you come swooping in to defend your company, keep this in mind: I'd likely be buying GW Horus Heresy models to play this.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Warpath

Post by MorGrendel »

Ha. Every time I look at seashells I think about working on Tyranids.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.