Galatian Star Wars Campaign

Tales of battles, princesses, horses, swords and wizards..in a table-top setting.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Galatian Star Wars Campaign

Post by Fritz »

It's no secret that I'm completely in love with Star Wars Armada (sorry). I know some of you have asked for demo games that, for whatever reason, I've been unable to provide to date. I'd like to rectify that and also propose an additional idea. Fantasy Flight recently released a campaign pack for Armada called Corellian Conflict. It takes the normally one off battles of Armada and gives them incredibly thematic context. It merges the best elements of FFG's board game acumen with everything I love about Armada. I'm already playing one campaign with an online crowd, and another campaign 1 on 1 against another friend of mine who works off hours. Jason and I have talked about doing a 1 on 1 campaign as well, so I'm not here begging for people to play with. I do, however, miss playing games like this with you guys.

If you are willing to give this campaign a shot, it's pretty beginner friendly. Armada's upgrade system, which can be a bit overwhelming for new players, is limited in the first turn of the campaign. Still, I don't want to just throw everyone into the campaign right away. The grand plan goes something like this: Jason and I offer a couple months of familiarization games with the game for those willing to play. After everyone is comfortable and willing to continue, we build into the campaign proper. I am confident that Jason and I have enough ships to facilitate anyone that wants to play. My goal is no buy-in to the game will be required if you don't want to. We then give ourselves a nice long amount of time to play campaign games (around a month or so). Unlike the map campaigns we attempted with Warhammer back in the day, Corellian Conflict has very defined end objectives, including the potential for a grand battle at the end.

So, anyone interested?
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Re: Galatian Star Wars Campaign

Post by Titus »

I am in and do they call you Captain Tightpants at work?
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Titus wrote:I am in and do they call you Captain Tightpants at work?
Nope, just at home.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

***SPOILERS***
Dibs on the stick and tugboat. They wreck shop. :)
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

MorGrendel wrote:***SPOILERS***
Dibs on the stick and tugboat. They wreck shop. :)
This?

Because I have three of them

Captain Tightpants