Primer: Pressure is the key

Development of Strategies and Tactics

Moderators: Berserker, MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Primer: Pressure is the key

Post by MorGrendel »

Pressure is the key

A unit will never win a battle fighting defensively. When your unit chooses a defense-first tactic it does not bring your full prowess to bear and affords an opponent the time to find its weakness. Waiting for the enemy to attack is a dangerous gamble, practiced only by those that fail to recognize a path to victory.

The unit’s troops may be lions, but if lead by donkeys, then it will act as donkeys.

There is no perfect attack; there is no battle without errors. Practice trains you to make fewer errors, but practice alone will not win you any battles. You must force you opponent to make poor decisions, and then exploit those poor decisions to win.

A unit must constantly pressure an opponent. Pressure is the key. Force them to make decisions under duress, and let their blunders defeat them.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Re: Pressure is the key

Post by Titus »

Example - Pennsic Field Battles. how much better did we perform when we attacked.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

attack,attack,attack! and when in doubt, attack again!
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

we had that problem the other day with just me,rach, and thomas. this is a contact sport and hence requires lots of contact. standing still and defending yourself will eventually get you killed. even a noob will get through your guard if you don't hit him back. anytime we didnt take charge and attack we lost.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!