Leadership: Mules - Part 2 - Where you lead, I will follow.

Development of Strategies and Tactics

Moderators: Berserker, MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Leadership: Mules - Part 2 - Where you lead, I will follow.

Post by MorGrendel »

Leadership: Mules - Part 2- Where you lead, I will follow.

Where you lead, I will follow.

I was Galatian, before there was a Galatia.

I was never a pledge, per say, but I did my time on the low rung; I took my lumps, and I bled on the gym floor. When my mentor said he was going to an event, I only asked, “When do we leave?”
And when my mentor forsaked me, I found myself both scion and pariah. Many immediately offered comfort, even the Warlord I had just challenged. However, I was slow to accept any aid. I was recluse, loyal, but free to oppose the will of the group for good or naught.

I drew lines in the sand, despite internecine conflicts. Many blamed me for the exodus. None of them remain. They could not touch me, for I was right. And as much as I may have wanted to be a pariah, a martyr, a rule breaker; I was not. Like a dog, loyal to the bitter end.

When the Warlord said this is where we are going, or this is what we are doing, I did not simply comply; I hoisted the directive up, made it my own, and championed it until the line between idea and practice became nonexistent.

The line between serfdom and service lies in believing in what you are doing. Seeing an idea, and envisioning how you can make it your own.

Galatia does not require unconditional loyalty and unblinking service, but good leaders inspire it.

There is no place for pariahs, only scions. Scions that graph there imprint on others until the line between the two is almost invisible; two forces woven into one. This single force, or dyad, repeats in the relationships that are the foundation for this group. Where be it freeman/citizen, pledge/sponsor, warlord/old warlord, the dyad allows for the smooth continuation of power. However, for a true dyad to work, one must lead and one must follow. These positions are not set, rather in a true dyad is impossible to see who is leading and who is following.

When no one leads, then no one can follow. If everyone leads, then there is no one left to follow. Strong leadership creates strong dyads which creates a strong group.

Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.