The Story of the Alaskan Hunter

Development of Strategies and Tactics

Moderators: Berserker, MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I was told a story of a remote Alaskan hunter whose daily life was filmed for a documentary. While filming a hunting scene, he fired from the hip and killed a deer. The documentarian was perturbed, previous scenes had not delivered any wildlife, and now the deer was dead before anyone had caught it on film. Unaware of the distress of those around him, the hunter immediately dressed the deer. The documentarian admonished the hunter for being so reckless, saying he never aimed his weapon or alerted those around him that there would be shooting. The hunter responded, “This deer will be used to feed my family. I do not have the luxury of missing.”

Some say it is better to be lucky than good, I don’t agree. Like the documentarian, the lucky spend life waiting to capture the right moment, but they leave their fate in the hands of others. Like the hunter, the good spend life practicing to seize to moment when it arrives, and take responsibility for the fate of themselves and others.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Re: The Story of the Alaskan Hunter

Post by Lokki »

I'm sorry but i must say, that is a strech... and if you don't get me then you might have missed the point to the lucky>good saying.... i live and breath it! if your always lucky then good will always happen but if your always good then somone can always be better. perfect example is the year the giants beat the patriots in the superbowl, giants were lucky to win every game in the playoffs while the patriots won every game that year except the superbowl, who they lost to the giants... but back to the alaskan hunter who is lucky he is not on some criminal charge for endangering the lives of some dumb camra crew, I am glad he bagged the deer and his family will not go hungry.
"Money can't buy Happyness but it can buy Jagermister and thats kinda the same thing"

-Loki
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I've seen you play poker, I don't think you are as lucky as you think you are. I actually think you are more indestructable than lucky, which makes up for a lot. Which gives me a thought...
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Loki wrote: but back to the alaskan hunter who is lucky he is not on some criminal charge for endangering the lives of some dumb camra crew
Not likely, he shot a deer, and they were there to film him shooting a deer. No crime was commited, he can't help it the crew is gun shy. They were missing some footage because he shot it too quick, so they filled it in with the camera crew complaining. Stupid hipppy camera crews.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

But we all know that killing one of the kings deer means loosing your hand! :wink:
My love for you is like a truck..