Ethos: In the Ever Present Search of Zen

Development of Strategies and Tactics

Moderators: Berserker, MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Ethos: In the Ever Present Search of Zen

Post by MorGrendel »

In the Ever Present Search of Zen

I have made the allusion to fighters and children before, please forgive the repetitiveness.

New fighters are like children, they learn because they must. They know nothing, and are constantly reminded of that point. They watch, study, and learn; they search for moments of perfection. An instant of renown, an affidavit of all the hard work they have put in.

In that pursuit a moment of Zen can be reached. A moment where peace is attained, the battle slows, sound has a directional bearing, openings become apparent, shots land without effort, an inner monologue begins, the battle zooms out and you watch yourself move through space. It is remembered like a glowing dream.

Veteran fighters are like adults in that they learn by making comparisons to things they already know. They spend every moment studying; they search for a way back to Zen. They read every book, watch every movie, and listen to every story hoping to glean that shiny gem they can use to relearn what they already know so they can find that golden moment again.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.