Rift

Off-topic Discussions (politics, current events, sports, music, etc..)

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Rift

Post by Fritz »

For those MMOers among us, I recently got into the beta for Rift. I'm pretty impressed thus far. Their talent trees are pretty amazing and unique. Essentially there are only 4 classes, but each class has 8 trees to choose from. 3 of those 8 trees can be active at a given time. There are absolutely no limitations on which trees you can mix and match. I'm not sold yet, but thus far it feels like a far more polished version of Warhammer Online with a little bit of WoW influence in there. Here's the website: http://www.riftgame.com/en/
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: Rift

Post by Berserker »

ohhh, that looks nice. I'll probably give it a try when it comes out.
My love for you is like a truck..
Bash
Galatian

Post by Bash »

so i got into the open beta what server will you be playing on ?
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

I'll keep you posted. I think it's Belmont that I've been playing on, but don't hold me to that.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Bash
Galatian

Post by Bash »

new reason to play the game. they sell mudders milk!!! If the makers of this game is firefly fans then they have to be good people.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Ended up ditching Belmont and going to Lotham for the open beta. Belmont seems to be full every hour of hour day unfortunately.

Captain Tightpants
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

For release we're thinking Briarcliff (PvP). My brother and his friend Jayare will be joining us. We're still trying to figure out which faction. It's basically come down to super bland religious fanatics with instant battleground queues vs pretty cool technological quasi-bad guys.

Captain Tightpants
Bash
Galatian

Post by Bash »

well i wont be playing at when it comes out. dont want to spend the money on the game right now. coming down to my last mouth of school and will be starting my internship soon
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Good luck!

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Bash wrote: coming down to my last mouth of school
What is it you do there!
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Alright, I don't know if any of you care at this point, but we'll be going Defiant on Briarcliff.

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

So after having played it some more, are you still impressed Fritz? Is this game worth getting? At 10$/month I am tempted.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

I'm loving it. The rift events are an excellent next generation from Warhammer's Public Quests. We ended up having to go to Dayblind. Briarcliff's wait time was over 9 hours.

Captain Tightpants
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

I bought that game last night, but your server is full already so I won't be going there. I also am not as much into PvP, so I'll probably end up on a PvE-RP server.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

So once the game releases (once headstart ends), do our characters reset?