Space Marines!

Off-topic Discussions (politics, current events, sports, music, etc..)

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Space Marines!

Post by Fritz »

http://www.spacemarine.com/videos#warha ... -power-axe

Yeah...it's pretty awesome. The Demo is available for free right now.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Re: Space Marines!

Post by boagrius »

what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Yup. Seriously, even if you can't buy the game PLAY THE FREE DEMO. It's that fantastic.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Harder than I thought, and I end up in funny positions with even funny camera angles. The camera shifts to my feet when I'm in a Fury, and then I find out I'm fighting a wall. Still don't know the purpose of the red gun, seems like it hurts me too when I fire it. Totally got gakked and pissed off by bomb squigs, until I saw one. Oh that's how the grenade changed trajectory. Stupid me for looking up. Lappy shut off on me last night, don't know if it was a bug or if it overheated. In either case boo!
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

What the hell are you doing? I've never experienced the camera shifting during fury. You can shoot the damned squigs pretty easily before they get near you (their sound is very distinctive). That said, they are very annoyingly good at sneaking up on you when you're busy hacking and slashing. I can't help you with camera angles. I have no problems, but I think that comes from being used to the over the shoulder style.

I assume the "red gun" (could you sound any older?) is the vengeance grenade launcher. It took me a sec to figure that one out as well. First of all, they're grenades. They explode. Doing so near you will obviously hurt. Second, and much less obvious, you detonate the grenades by hitting the reload button (default is "r"). It's not an intuitive functionality, but can be really good when you get used to it.

Captain Tightpants
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

I red box this game and this game is awesome. Im think of buying it.