Raven Dismantle

Off-topic Discussions (politics, current events, sports, music, etc..)

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Raven Dismantle

Post by MorGrendel »

From ESPN:

If you're not keeping track at home, the Ravens have lost five of their top six tacklers from last season. The only returning one is linebacker Jameel McClain, who has yet to be cleared from a spinal cord injury.

In total, five starters on defense won't return: Pollard, Lewis (retired), safety Ed Reed (Houston), linebacker Dannell Ellerbe (Miami) and cornerback Cary Williams (Philadelphia). The Ravens' leader in sacks, Paul Kruger, also signed with Cleveland.

I know the defense need to get younger, but now I'm wondering where all this cap room is going to go. Urlacher is available.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Re: Raven Dismantle

Post by Titus »

This happened to us lat time we won the Super Bowl. Win Superbowl, gut team, rebuild over next decade.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Last Superbowl nothing... we have the most compensory draft picks this year because we got gutted last year. I'm betting that has played into Ozzie's strategy, but damn, aint no body left.
Mor Grendel

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Meh. Ravens can cry me a river. The Ravens are doing it voluntarily. My poor 'skins are getting gutted because they got the shaft from the rest of the league. I hate John Mara so much.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Who did the skins lose in free agency? I thought that despite the cap penalty they were doing good, and are working on picking up Trueblood, Talib, and Grossman. I bet they will still win the division . . . if RGIII plays.
Mor Grendel

Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, All.

What are you guys complaining about, the Pats gut their team every year. Except for Brady You never know who will come back. But they are still one of the best the teams around, Well at least in the last 15 years :smile:

Sincerely

Thomas
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

MorGrendel wrote:Who did the skins lose in free agency? I thought that despite the cap penalty they were doing good, and are working on picking up Trueblood, Talib, and Grossman. I bet they will still win the division . . . if RGIII plays.
Alexander, Hall, and Griffin (the CB) are gone and Fred Davis looks very likely to be lost. Not to mention they've been completely incapable of fixing the giant holes that have formed at corner and safety. They also need to free up 4 million or so to be able to sign their draft picks, so there are either more restructures or more cuts still coming.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

I believe in ozzie and he hasnt failed us yet. Ngata and webb will hold us down
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Dumerville signed. Woot.
Mor Grendel