Steam Machine!?!?!

Off-topic Discussions (politics, current events, sports, music, etc..)

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Steam Machine!?!?!

Post by lilscutt »

http://store.steampowered.com/universe/controller/

So there is a gaming system coming out called the steam machine that will allow you to play 1,000 of your steam games on your TV. Interesting I find because I don't have a PC and some computer games come out i think I want.
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Re: Steam Machine!?!?!

Post by hypo »

The Steam Machine, is very interesting. There are multiple components that Steam has been putting in motion for about a year now. Unlike a traditional console there is are several different levels of quality and I would recommend staying away from the low end units as they might not be capable of running all video games. They have ones that will run full Window OS and some that are going to be running Linux. Just like building a gaming PC you have to take into account what you plan on playing and if the system can handle the minimum requirements. If you are serious about getting one, let me know which one and I can go over the PRO/CONS of the system so you can make a educated decision.

Another cool item is the steambox that allows you to wirelessly stream your preexisting PC from a different room to your TV too.
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia