Armada Sale

Off-topic Discussions (politics, current events, sports, music, etc..)

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Armada Sale

Post by Fritz »

If anyone wanted to join Jason and I playing Armada, there is a sale going on coolstuff right now leading up to Halloween. It's going for $50, which is 50% off. Here's the link:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/206468
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Armada Sale

Post by MorGrendel »

Very tempting. I'll have to get Jason to show me how it plays.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Think BFG with pre-measuring and you'll be in the ball park.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

In case you didn't get in on the last one, here's yet another 50% off core set sale:
http://www.cardhaus.com/products/search ... da&x=0&y=0

Captain Tightpants
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

I had an internal struggle with myself to not buy myself an ISD over the weekend when I stopped into G&S.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

You are strong than I. I caved to Home One and the Rogues and Villains pack.

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Hey, I don't know if you heard, but Asmodee is going to rebrand Fantasy Flight/Days of Wonder to Asmodee North America. The speculation is that is will drive up internet prices for FFG, DoW, and Asmodee games and possibly restrict some retailers from selling altogether. Again, this is speculation, I have not seen the retailers all that upset. The good news is that the new CEO of Asmodee North America is the current President of Fantasy Flight, and by all accounts, that guy loves games.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

I've heard. The speculation is that they will target online retailers, which makes sense. As much as I like saving money, local gaming stores make hobbies like this. Online retailers selling at large discounts make their lives much harder. FFG is all about community, so it would not be surprising if they tried to force online prices up to help out local gaming stores.

Captain Tightpants